NBA 2012-2013

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We pause briefly setting aside the insanity of our day to reflect upon the addition of Dwight Howard and Steve Nash to the Lakers' lineup. Just sayin'.

Some people do find intentional walks off-putting for the same reason. Not saying I agree, but it's not a total absurdity.

I cannot believe that the Brooklyn Nets have passed on the opportunity to make their uniforms from scratch themselves, sourcing the material from Brooklyn fields. And why wouldnt they all grow lumberjack or Western mustaches? Or at least serve artisinal cocktails at the arena bars and recycle rainwater from their rusty rooftop for their ice program. And have a half price "Stroller Game" one afternoon for all the Park Slope mommies (& stay at home dads). So many possibilities and we get 8 nights of Jay Z.

So... do I start watching the NBA again, even though the game is now basically a waste of time? (and this from a gym rat who played every day into his late 30s). And, if I do, shouldnt I go back to the Knicks and watch the geriatric team make Carmelo a winner instead of supporting the Russian Nets? What a dilemma. Maybe I'll walk over to the Barclay Center and dig up a tkt or two.

I cannot believe that the Brooklyn Nets have passed on the opportunity to make their uniforms from scratch themselves, sourcing the material from Brooklyn fields. And why wouldnt they all grow lumberjack or Western mustaches? Or at least serve artisinal cocktails at the arena bars and recycle rainwater from their rusty rooftop for their ice program. And have a half price "Stroller Game" one afternoon for all the Park Slope mommies (& stay at home dads). So many possibilities and we get 8 nights of Jay Z.

So... do I start watching the NBA again, even though the game is now basically a waste of time? (and this from a gym rat who played every day into his late 30s). And, if I do, shouldnt I go back to the Knicks and watch the geriatric team make Carmelo a winner instead of supporting the Russian Nets? What a dilemma. Maybe I'll walk over to the Barclay Center and dig up a tkt or two.

Do you wanna hang with Jay or Spike?

I'm waiting for Spike to get back to his Bklyn roots and come on over. He grew up and lived (up until recently) in neighborhoods within walking distance to the Barclay Center.

I'm waiting for Spike to get back to his Bklyn roots and come on over. He grew up and lived (up until recently) in neighborhoods within walking distance to the Barclay Center.

In "Red Hook Summer" he gave several Knicks/Carmello shoutouts.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Aren't you guys going to write anything interesting about the Popovich fine?

The fine is silly and it's something you never see fines for resting players once teams have clinched a playoff birth. But what do you expect? As a fan it sucks, but what's the solution? I don't see a good one.

Um, how about "it is complete and utter bullshit but also evidence evidence of basketball's conversion from a sport into an entertainment"?

oh. yeah. Its been like that since they rigged the lottery in '85.

Sports have been entertainment for a lot longer than that. Though this isn't nearly as bad as Stern's push to remove NBA players from the Olympics. Pop's move is arguable against the spirit of sport and Stern could be framed as defending that(if you believe in such things as the spirit of sport), while removing player's from the Olympics is an assault on the desire to play the game for something other than money. A depressing, and ultimately almost exclusively American, attitude.

How is strategically resting players in a game outside your division contrary to the spirit of sport?

Or, to put it another way, since when is strategy contrary to the spirit of sport?

(What's next? Intentional walks are contrary to the spirit of sport?)