NBA 2012-2013

How is strategically resting players in a game outside your division contrary to the spirit of sport?

Or, to put it another way, since when is strategy contrary to the spirit of sport?

(What's next? Intentional walks are contrary to the spirit of sport?)

Some people do find intentional walks off-putting for the same reason. Not saying I agree, but it's not a total absurdity.

• Like 1
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We pause briefly setting aside the insanity of our day to reflect upon the addition of Dwight Howard and Steve Nash to the Lakers' lineup. Just sayin'.

Some people do find intentional walks off-putting for the same reason. Not saying I agree, but it's not a total absurdity.

• 4 months later...
He should have just had them at the game and not played them. But, really, I can't be bothered about it at all. The Spurs are one of the most boring teams anyways.

Funny how things go. Now they are starting to look like the only team with a chance to beat the Heat.

C'mon. Who thought the Knicks were gonna chomp it last night?

I was almost sure of it. How could they blow that lead so quickly?

The next round may not be pretty. They have trouble with Indiana.

Ugly, indeed! With Westbrook out, the playoffs have become a battle for second. It's as if the Heat have already won.

Ugly, indeed! With Westbrook out, the playoffs have become a battle for second. It's as if the Heat have already won.

Not to start a raging battle over teams that I'm not exactly a fan of but, even with Westbrook in, do you really think that the Heat aren't notches above the Thunder (& everyone else)? There's no reason that they shouldn't be the overwhelming favorite to win it all & it'll take an amazing series of games for anyone to beat them. Of course they can lose... but they shouldn't. Not with that team. It is basically a battle for 2nd place.

Not to start a raging battle over teams that I'm not exactly a fan of but, even with Westbrook in, do you really think that the Heat aren't notches above the Thunder (& everyone else)? There's no reason that they shouldn't be the overwhelming favorite to win it all & it'll take an amazing series of games for anyone to beat them. Of course they can lose... but they shouldn't. Not with that team. It is basically a battle for 2nd place.

Word.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am so hoping the Spurs win tonight. If it can't be Boston...just don't let it be Miami.

I have very mixed feeling about the potential Celtics deals. I sure as heck don't want KG to go and I've always loved Doc, but the more I hear, the more I think Doc may be a part of the problem they've had in recent years. Not the only problem, but at least part of it.