Midtown East Business Lunch?

I usually go to Brasserie, but I'd like someplace better. Wolfgang's is probably a fall-back. Any ideas? Near the Citicorp Tower. What's up with National? Any good?

A little ways off from Citicorp, but I've been curious about Vitae, on E 46. Chef is Edwin Ballanco -- Gramercy Tavern/French Laundry/Cru in his CV.

Thanks. I haven't been to Avra in years. Good place.

Do you all think Hatsuhana is really anything better than an average sushi place? I've never been very impressed.

I didn't think anyone actually ate at Patroon. (By the way -- Darbar Indian Buffet next door is quite good.)

Do you all think Hatsuhana is really anything better than an average sushi place? I've never been very impressed.

I didn't think anyone actually ate at Patroon. (By the way -- Darbar Indian Buffet next door is quite good.)

No I don't. But Brasserie isn't much better than a lot of places either.

I didn't say I thought all of these places were great, I said that they were what we tend to use. Hatsuhana is consistent I'd say. And quite acceptable.

Patroon is the canteen for our firm. My boss eats there at least three times a week.

ETA: It's mostly about convenience, although the fat-cat scene is a draw. When we were on Fifth and 52nd '21' was the go-to because, doh, it was right across the street.

No I don't. But Brasserie isn't much better than a lot of places either.

Yeah, Brasserie is mediocre, with a good burger, and convenient location. I just keep hearing people talk about Hatsuhana as if it were in the Yasuda/Ush Whakamole category. Personally, I'd rather go to Haru, but I'm a neanderthal.

Darbar also has an outpost on 54th and 3rd, where I can often be found hastening my early demise.

Yeah, Brasserie is mediocre, with a good burger, and convenient location. I just keep hearing people talk about Hatsuhana as if it were in the Yasuda/Ush Whakamole category. Personally, I'd rather go to Haru, but I'm a neanderthal.

Darbar also has an outpost on 54th and 3rd, where I can often be found hastening my early demise.

Haru blows. I'm so glad the one on 48th street closed. I have a non-food person vegetarian friend who loved their veggie "sushi" so I used to end up there a few times a year.