2012-2013 NCAA Basketball

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, it's started. Way too early to tell much of anything. Lots of players across the country suspended for everything from drugs, academic ineligbility, NCAA infractions and criminal or disciplinary i

So, Ben Howland and Tubby Smith are the first two coaches who made the NCAA tourney and got the boot from their respective schools...

Hey I think Rutgers might have an opening.     I am completely not surprised by this BTW. Rice is a screaming ball of rage on the sideline.

Guess I was a tad optimistic about the Tide :blink: . Even if our post player hadn't been injured in the early part of the year, I doubt this team would've made the NCAAs. NIT bound again (as a #1 seed--whoopee). It's going to be an interesting off season in Tuscaloosa :ph43r: . The SEC was such a poor league this year. I will be surprised if anyone makes it into the sweet 16...and I wouldn't be shocked to see only 1 make it to the 32.

Congrats SLBunge on the Badgers, They've really turned it up a notch in the last couple of weeks. Mr. Bonner, I'm not too sure about the Gators. Their games against Bama and Ole Miss in the SEC tourney left a lot to be desired.

Anyone else think Marshall Henderson is the most obnoxious player in college hoops right now. I'm amazed somebody hasn't taken him out...

A lot of chatter about how the Badgers got screwed on the seeding but I think it is fair. And the make up of the West Regional is the best for us to shine.

It's silly to dream, but I think we could make it a game against both Gonzaga and Ohio State. The Big 10 tournament wasn't a fluke.

You guys have a pretty good bracket - Gonzaga as a one, K-State as 4 is a pretty nice setup for a 5 seed. And Ole Miss is basically Marshall "Future Meth Addicts of America" Henderson and a bunch of scrubs.

I think you'll end up playing Pitt in the Sweet 16 too.

Pretty happy with what the Hoyas have. Indiana and Duke were the two teams I didn't want to see in our bracket. Once we lost on Friday we basically needed Louisville to win, otherwise we would have been the two in the Midwest with Indiana.

You guys have a pretty good bracket - Gonzaga as a one, K-State as 4 is a pretty nice setup for a 5 seed. And Ole Miss is basically Marshall "Future Meth Addicts of America" Henderson and a bunch of scrubs.

I think you'll end up playing Pitt in the Sweet 16 too.

Pretty happy with what the Hoyas have. Indiana and Duke were the two teams I didn't want to see in our bracket. Once we lost on Friday we basically needed Louisville to win, otherwise we would have been the two in the Midwest with Indiana.

Speaking of Mr. Future Meth Addict--here he is in all his glory last night

Rupp was booked--would love to see what the scalpers get. The arena only has about 3000 seats.

I still think he's a great coach (and recruiter). I can't think of any other NCAA defending champ who lost 5 of their top 6 players. Pretty hard to come back from that--although, I really thought they would do much better overall. And still think if Noel had not been injured they would've made the NCAAs (not saying they wouldn't have been one and done there--after all it is spring break in the Southeast :P :ph43r: ). With the exception of Noel, all the underclassmen should return next year. And they are a good base to go with another very good incoming class. It will be interesting to see how things go in Lexington.

Really? He's not Scott Drew bad, but he is a poor X's- and O's guy back to the UMass days. Tremendous recruiter/paymaster, but his teams underperform their talent significantly. There was basically no excuse for the not making the Tourney ex-Noel. Pothyress (15 RSCI), Goodwin (7), and Cauley (45) were all top tier recruits. Wiltjer, a sophomore was 22nd, McDAA. And the SEC was terrible this year.

With the exception of Noel, all the underclassmen should return next year. And they are a good base to go with another very good incoming class. It will be interesting to see how things go in Lexington.

Someone on ESPN was saying that, if the underclassmen do return, UK will have a scholarship problem. I like Coach C (from the time my nephew was in UMass) and think his recruiting is solid. But doesn't he face an overcrowding issue? Arent some current players thinking about their upcoming playing time issues and thinking about leaving and aren't potentially incoming players bound to be a little nervous if they don't?

Really? He's not Scott Drew bad, but he is a poor X's- and O's guy back to the UMass days. Tremendous recruiter/paymaster, but his teams underperform their talent significantly. There was basically no excuse for the not making the Tourney ex-Noel. Pothyress (15 RSCI), Goodwin (7), and Cauley (45) were all top tier recruits. Wiltjer, a sophomore was 22nd, McDAA. And the SEC was terrible this year.

I'd take him in Tuscaloosa in a heartbeat (if it wouldn't put us in the NCAA's crosshairs :P ). He couldn't do any worse in game than what's going on now re underperforming. As you know Bama isn't a basketball school. We've never made it past the Elite Eight (and only been there once). I think you're looking at it from the point of view of someone who is used to a really good baketball program like Florida and/or Georgetown (like I view things in the football prism ;) ). For us, we are at best middle of the pack in hoops. I'd also bet if you didn't watch SEC games, you couldn't tell me who our coach is. That's part of our problem. So, having someone like Cal who is a good recruiter and known as a coach who gets you (this year excepted) deep into the NCAAs wouldn't be a bad thing for a program trying to become a highly regarded hoops program.

With the exception of Noel, all the underclassmen should return next year. And they are a good base to go with another very good incoming class. It will be interesting to see how things go in Lexington.

Someone on ESPN was saying that, if the underclassmen do return, UK will have a scholarship problem. I like Coach C (from the time my nephew was in UMass) and think his recruiting is solid. But doesn't he face an overcrowding issue? Arent some current players thinking about their upcoming playing time issues and thinking about leaving and aren't potentially incoming players bound to be a little nervous if they don't?

I've heard similar thoughts about 'overcrowding' and playing time in regard to a certain football team ;) . Kids want to play for schools that are known as winners and the best at whatever sport. Most kids realize pretty quickly that they either have a real shot at a spot vs other outstanding prospects--or that they don't. Then they either suck it up and stay knowing their playing time may be limited (or maybe nonexistent). Or they transfer. With a top program--there is always another bluechipper more than happy to step into that vacancy and try to compete for a starting slot--because these kids are taught to think they are the next god's gift to their sport-now how accurate that estimation is, is a whole other story :ph43r: .