2012-2013 NCAA Basketball

It's more like boss-employee

Drill sergeant-cadet.

Some amount of "breaking them down to build them back up" is acceptable. I think it's overwhelmingly clear the gray line was crossed in this case but it is really hard to write down what is and what isn't acceptable. Like defining what is obscene, you know it when you see it (or hear it).

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, it's started. Way too early to tell much of anything. Lots of players across the country suspended for everything from drugs, academic ineligbility, NCAA infractions and criminal or disciplinary i

So, Ben Howland and Tubby Smith are the first two coaches who made the NCAA tourney and got the boot from their respective schools...

Hey I think Rutgers might have an opening.     I am completely not surprised by this BTW. Rice is a screaming ball of rage on the sideline.

What are they going to challenge him about "Hey you were an asshole, you are still an asshole. Do you think this other asshole should be fired like you were, for being an asshole"

They would simply ask him what he thought of the situation and based on his own defense of his own actions, it will be a difficult question to answer.

What are they going to challenge him about "Hey you were an asshole, you are still an asshole. Do you think this other asshole should be fired like you were, for being an asshole"

They would simply ask him what he thought of the situation and based on his own defense of his own actions, it will be a difficult question to answer.

of course it is, but he won't answer it. He can't answer it. "Well I'm a dinosaur" or "Kids today are pussies."

I know I'm being naive but don't the networks hire guys like Knight to provide insightful perspective? So ESPN has the perfect guy to provide such insight and he goes in hiding. He is broadcasting the NIT game tonight. Any bets on if it comes up?

1) Knight is not getting renewed by ESPN for being an asshole

2) Usually that expertise/insight is limited to X's and O's.

And no it won't come up, because ESPN doesn't want their color guy punching their PBP guy.

Also I'm not sure the Knight:Rice comparison is a good one or a fair one.

I listen to a certain amount of sports radio, and I've rarely heard this kind of unanimity of anger. Not even over Paterno.

Gordon Ramsay gets pretty angry. Does he throw things?

Nice one.

By the way, a case could be made for a Rutgers coach needing to be more of a Drill Sgt than an Indiana coach, since these are not top of the line disciplined players and/or guys who see their participation as a sure fire road to the NBA. They are more street/schoolyard guys who need some focusing.

• 3 months later...

Rumor has it everyone's favorite Ole Miss Rebel failed a drug test....

Espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9467788/ole-miss-rebels-indefinitely-suspends-marshall-henderson