Le Philosophe

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bond Street, next door to Mile End sandwich. Early days, and I haven't got my hands on the calf's head yet, but here's an early look.     Stuffed pig's trotter.

Dit Le Philosophe

Just thinking I haven't been here in a while, but the summer menu on the website isn't tempting me. Chilled zucchini soup anyone?

Frog's legs with sunchokes and hen of the woods in parsley/garlic sauce. Yes, pure Escoffier.

Look, I don't know what to say.

Canard a l'Orange

Blanquette de veau

PDC Farci

Tournedos Rossini

I don't have time to look up when someone served frog legs in watercress sauce for the first time, but if that's a prep that's newer than 1899 then I apologize profusely for the inaccuracy.

Are you responding this way because you feel you have to defend the opposite of the reasonably correct observation I made? What's your problem? I can't wait for a 5345345 page thread on how this is the most up to date French restaurant around.

The whole point of it is that it isn't.

Yeah, I know, I'm just perplexed by the reaction. Like, if I said "the dishes look updated even though they're all based on pre-1899 standards", I'd get a rebuke as well. Pointless.

Are you responding this way because you feel you have to defend the opposite of the reasonably correct observation I made? What's your problem? I can't wait for a 5345345 page thread on how this is the most up to date French restaurant around.

Fascinating.