Sign in to follow this  
Lex

America the Weird – the Lunatic 20%

Seven percent of all American adults believe that chocolate milk comes from brown cows, according to a nationally representative online survey commissioned by the Innovation Center of U.S. Dairy.

As laughable as this sounds it goes against my contention that about 20% of Americans are flat out nuts. The percentage should have been higher. Then I read further into the article.

One Department of Agriculture study, commissioned in the early ’90s, found that nearly 1 in 5 adults did not know that hamburgers are made from beef.

Ah. My faith in American lunacy has been restored.

Washington Post

• Like 1

Seven percent of all American adults believe that chocolate milk comes from brown cows, according to a nationally representative online survey commissioned by the Innovation Center of U.S. Dairy.

As laughable as this sounds it goes against my contention that about 20% of Americans are flat out nuts. The percentage should have been higher. Then I read further into the article.

One Department of Agriculture study, commissioned in the early ’90s, found that nearly 1 in 5 adults did not know that hamburgers are made from beef.

Ah. My faith in American lunacy has been restored.

Washington Post

Personally, I find it charming that you think that most burgers are made from beef.

I, myself, try not to think too much about the "chicken" I get from Chinese delivery joints.

The polls are RIGGED!!!

Hillary is stuffing the ballots from her spam server, slowing down the internet.

The Washington Post article described some of the other curious survey results. A significant number of people believe that onions and lettuce aren't vegetables for example.

Me? I'm glad wine is a fruit...

http://www.npr.org/templates/transcript/transcript.php?storyId=487654380

SMITH: As far as David remembers, by the way, 4 percent of Americans answered that they had been decapitated.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2013/04/conspiracy-theory-poll-results-.html

- 4% of voters say they believe “lizard people” control our societies by gaining political power

Really this measures the percentage of people who like trolling pollsters. I hope.

That or there are a lot of headless people walking around that are just invisible to me.