Mighty Quinn's (East Village BBQ)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's this called? The old jew?   http://www.pinkpignyc.com/.a/6a00d8341c714d53ef017c34ed08c0970b-800wi

I tried to "like" this post, but the button won't let you push itself.

(It strikes me as tempting fate to name a barbecue joint after a song whose best line is, "Just ain't my cup of meat.")

Food memory is tough.

You just mooted* 80% of the [food related] discussions on MF.

*wrong word. Rendered meaningless?

I can remember what the food I ate last night tasted like. But I don't really think I can remember what the food I ate 5 years ago tasted like. That's what makes comparisons so difficult, unless they're done side by side.

Food memory is tough.

I can remember what the food I ate last night tasted like. But I don't really think I can remember what the food I ate 5 years ago tasted like. That's what makes comparisons so difficult, unless they're done side by side.

And all wine discussion is pretty much out the door.

'I had chateau d'pape in 85. The strawberry quick after-notes were much more pronounced than the 2003, which I had last year.'

Food memory is tough.

And all wine discussion is pretty much out the door.

'I had chateau d'pape in 85. The strawberry quick after-notes were much more pronounced than the 2003, which I had last year.'

That's why people take notes (and some, much to the chagrin of Sneak, take pix!).

• 1 month later...

Not on the burnt ends or brisket, but you're right - I did notice a heavy hand with the pepper, but I think I was too happy with the meat to let that get in the way.

And a good idea to ask them to hold the salt although the meat guy last night used a very light hand.

Overall for me, though - price, value, location, decent beers - the best around.