Mighty Quinn's (East Village BBQ)

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's this called? The old jew?   http://www.pinkpignyc.com/.a/6a00d8341c714d53ef017c34ed08c0970b-800wi

I tried to "like" this post, but the button won't let you push itself.

(It strikes me as tempting fate to name a barbecue joint after a song whose best line is, "Just ain't my cup of meat.")

A comment from a friend: "It was good, but it's the first time I've ever walked out of a bbq place hungry."

I don't know how that's possible. You walk up to a counter, tell them how much you want, and watch them put it on your tray. If you want more, you say so.

• 1 month later...

Maybe I ordered wrong, or maybe I ordered the wrong thing for the time of day I was there. I had burnt ends for lunch, cole slaw. Not actively bad, but given this is food that needs to be eaten rarely if you're me, I'll be limiting my brisket consumption to Delaney's.

I think Scribs put it best:

The meat itself has a distinct crumbly and fibrous texture that I associate with a Friday night roast.
  • 1 month later...

Remember those carefree early days when you could walk into Mighty Quinn's and be served and seated within 5 minutes? They're gone.*

We walked past at around 7:00 last Saturday night and saw about 30 people on line. Sorry - their BBQ just isn't worth waiting for.

* These lines could have been around for months but we haven't walked past there recently.

• 2 years later...

I had dinner here on Wednesday - we were planning on going somewhere nicer, but the kids were being cranky.

I woke up around 1AM massively dehydrated. No alcohol involved. Scary - they must be brining the shit out of the product and the smoke + sugar buffers the saltiness. It was unpleasant.

• 2 years later...

Lovely spouse has been boycotting them since 2016 -- which unfortunately means I have been too -- because they refused her hot sauce on our first visit.

I don't know how they knew that she does use too much hot sauce. It's difficult sharing meat or pho with her. And the customer is not always right. But that was also our last visit.

I did buy her this for future 'cue (throwing out the sauce that had come with it).

41SW85Qm2vL.jpg

I had dinner here on Wednesday - we were planning on going somewhere nicer, but the kids were being cranky.

I woke up around 1AM massively dehydrated.  No alcohol involved.  Scary - they must be brining the shit out of the product and the smoke + sugar buffers the saltiness. It was unpleasant.

I have problems with the fistful of salt they throw on at the point of service. Ate at the West Village branch a few weeks ago; it’s not special.

I woke up around 1AM massively dehydrated.  No alcohol involved.  Scary - they must be brining the shit out of the product and the smoke + sugar buffers the saltiness. It was unpleasant.

I have problems with the fistful of salt they throw on at the point of service. Ate at the West Village branch a few weeks ago; it’s not special.

It's not special, but it's much better than, say, Brother Jimmy's.