Mighty Quinn's (East Village BBQ)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's this called? The old jew?   http://www.pinkpignyc.com/.a/6a00d8341c714d53ef017c34ed08c0970b-800wi

I tried to "like" this post, but the button won't let you push itself.

(It strikes me as tempting fate to name a barbecue joint after a song whose best line is, "Just ain't my cup of meat.")

It's not so much the salt that you can scrape off (or ask them not to shower your food with salt), it's the salt from the brining.

I think they were better when they opened, probably because competition was less. But Hometown certainly offers better quality, imo.

i really just can't bring myself to eat bbq outside of the once a year I go to Kansas City or the 4 times I year I decide to make it myself.. I don't know, it's just not a category I even consider anymore. I go to Hometown out of protest because it's good for kids but, really, i can't get excited about it for some reason. 

• 1 year later...

Delivery from MQ, very disappointing. The brisket was okay. The half rack ribs were dry, meager, barely worth eating.

I put a bunch of ribs in the oven a couple of weeks back, just supermarket ribs, with a (very good) Arthur Bryant dry rub. Not smoked of course, but meaty and much better eating at a third of the price.

On 9/9/2020 at 9:58 PM, Wilfrid said:

Delivery from MQ, very disappointing. The brisket was okay. The half rack ribs were dry, meager, barely worth eating.

I put a bunch of ribs in the oven a couple of weeks back, just supermarket ribs, with a (very good) Arthur Bryant dry rub. Not smoked of course, but meaty and much better eating at a third of the price.

At same point in the late 70s (maybe 1980) my father happened to be in Kansas City on business and brought back a bottle of Bryant’s sauce. He treated it like it was a bottle of liquid gold and wouldn’t let anyone - even himself - use it. Because in those days, who knew when he’d be able to get more? Then Bryant died and it only exacerbated the problem. I’m 90% sure it’s still in my parents’ basement, and I’m 90% sure it’d still be good. 

• Like 1