The trick is to find the right antenna. Although not as scientific as Michael Faraday´s magnet and coils, Steiner´s universal receiver was a lot more, shall we say, engrossing. One of his more eccentric theories was to take a large cow horn and fill it with the freshest of female cow manure. You were to then bury this in the spring for half a year, removing it in the fall. The contents would be mixed with warmed water and distributed over the field to broadcast `cosmic forces´to the eagerly awaiting plant lives below.

Suppose you are an amateur Astrologist. According to the cosmic and earthly poles from which Biodynamic Agriculture draws its rhythm, your crops should be planted based on which constellation the moon is passing through and whether it is an Earth day or a Fire day. Other such fabled practices include filling the bladder of a male deer with yarrow flowers and hanging it over the summer on the branch of a tree. If you wanted something a little easier, however, you could just ferment your own urine and use it as fertilizer for your nitrogen hungry crop.

conjureman_001.gif

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aska is, of course, the "real" restaurant that one of the guys from Frej opened up with the FOH/cocktail guy from EMP and then Atera. Like Frej, it's in the Kinfolk Studio space in Williamsburg. Unl

Going back 25 pages or so, I'll try to restate my original view on this again. The only time I've questioned the overall value of a tasting menu meal is when I've been disappointed with some aspect o

Though I shouldn't make assumptions, I'm just guessing your date wasn't picking up the tab. There can be an inverse correlation between excitement level and skin in the game. (Do correct me if I'm ass

Yes, you don't want to drive yourself crazy with hunger pangs.

I especially liked the ironing of the table cloths--a manoeuvre which in New York would be tantamount to making the restaurant over-65 only, bedecking the staff with tastevins, and calling everyone "Cher monsieur."

It's about style. Formality and solemnity are fine. It's about the kind of formality.

angling-beach.jpg

I especially liked the ironing of the table cloths--a manoeuvre which in New York would be tantamount to making the restaurant over-65 only, bedecking the staff with tastevins, and calling everyone "Cher monsieur."

Uh, at EMP, the tablecloths are ironed....

Uh, at EMP, the tablecloth are ironed....

As Wilfrid just reminded me - the point is the snark, not the discussion.

It's about style. Formality and solemnity are fine. It's about the kind of formality.

We've been waiting all our lives for this guy to tell us what kind we want.

Hey wait a minute!

The dining room has no bar, like a growing number of restaurants.

Back up one sentence to see that...

"The restaurant has a spacious garden and a downstairs white-brick bar and lounge. (The dining room has no bar, like a growing number of restaurants.)"

Uh, at EMP, the tablecloth are ironed....
As Wilfrid just reminded me - the point is the snark, not the discussion.

Of course, a sense of humor helps.

Hey wait a minute!

The dining room has no bar, like a growing number of restaurants.

Back up one sentence to see that...

"The restaurant has a spacious garden and a downstairs white-brick bar and lounge. (The dining room has no bar, like a growing number of restaurants.)"

Oh, I get it.

So when was it common practice to have a bar in the dining room?

Oh, I get it.

So when was it common practice to have a bar in the dining room?

I can imagine the subtext - months of fighting the investors over putting a bar in one of those too narrow townhouse rooms that every chef hates. (Not that I know what their room is like)