NFL 2013

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

[seems like it's time] Speaking of which, will LA get an NFL team this year? Sadly, no.

Giants sign Romo to Two-Year Contract!

Well, Alex Smith will be gone, but it looks like the 49ers will have lots and lots (15) of draft picks from an allegedly strong class. A good deal for both parties.

The Alex Smith trade to Kansas City is the best of all possible outcomes. First, the 49ers get the Chiefs’ second round 2013 draft pick, meaning that San Francisco now owns the 31st choice, which is their own, and the 34th pick, which they get from Kansas City.

The value in this draft is not in its star power but in its depth. After the first 10 or 12 picks the next 30 or so are relatively even. The 49ers will also get a third-rounder that could convert to a second-rounder in 2014 depending on Smith’s playing time.

I think KC is making a mistake with Smith. He is a mediocre QB whose effectiveness had more to do with his coach and gameplan than his talent.

And how about Teo running a 4.80 40. Although I heard his imaginary time was a quite a bit better.

Many defensive linemen ran faster than he did.

And SF may send some of those draft picks to the Jets for Revis.

I think KC is making a mistake with Smith. He is a mediocre QB whose effectiveness had more to do with his coach and gameplan than his talent.

What were their options? Someone will pick up either Vick or Foles, depending on which one the Eagles keep. But Vick is a shadow of his great "return" year, and Foles is less tested as Kolb or Cassel was. I'm guessing Flynn might want out of the backup role in Seattle, but again, he's a guy with a few great games, but no real track record and he couldn't beat out a rookie in camp.

Sanchez will be walking a runway in next year's Fashion Week and Tebow will be a pew-warmer.

I'm sure I'm missing someone. Is Rex Grossman still available? Perhaps Arizona and Minnesota will do a straight trade -- Kolb for Ponder.

Seriously -- what are the Jets options for next year?

I don't follow the draft, but I don't think there are any serious draft prospects. Whatever you think of Alex Smith, he's probably better than rolling the dice with a mediocre draft pick.

Here's the other thing about Smith. Some people think that Harbaugh's coaching elevated his play. Even if that's true (and I think it's at least partially accurate) he's going to KC where Andy Reid just took over. He'll know what to do with him.

Yep the chiefs basically paid a second round pick for a guy who is something close to an average NFL starter when the other options are very very unappealing. And the still get a high draft pick to add someone. Its too bad for them there isn't a clear number one pick this year - that would enable them to trade down for multiple picks to start the rebuilding.

Also Reid should do a good job with him.

I agree with most of that. I always wondered if Reid would have run the ball more with a better line. I think he's better at coaching players than picking them, and he does have enough to work with in KC to be successful.