NFL 2013

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

[seems like it's time] Speaking of which, will LA get an NFL team this year? Sadly, no.

Giants sign Romo to Two-Year Contract!

Now that the Jets have cut the awful and untradeable Tim Tebow it's time for a moment of retrospection. Tebow on the Jets was like one of those horrible nightmares where you know something awful is going to happen and you can't do anything about it.

Tebow to the Jets for a fourth round pick.

That is awful. Just awful.

As a lifelong Jets fan it pains me to say this but I think they will be lucky to win 8 games this year.

They got to the AFC conference final game 2 years in a row and then blew up. Last summer they decided they could pass the ball all over the place. Sanchez wasn't up to it. Neither was the offensive line. (IMO the most underrated unit in football. OLs in general, *not* the Jets OL.) Midway through the year they belatedly went back to the "run first" strategy that got them deep into the playoffs for the previous 2 years. It was too late. Ryan's laid back attitude, which worked so well when the team was going good, came back and bit him in the ass. There was a loss of discipline.

In the off season they pushed Brian Schottenheimer, the old offensive coordinator, out the door. Like it was all his fault. He was out of work 11 days. The Cardinals picked him up.

They replaced him with Tony Sparano, a good coach who knows nothing about offense. Then they brought in Tim Tebow, a bad QB who also knows nothing about offense. What they didn't do was strengthen the offensive line. Mo-rons. A good O-line makes both the passing and the running game better. Why bother with that when you have Tebow?

Mo-rons.

They think their defense will help them. Not enough. They're a year older. I expect them to be above average but not an elite unit. Their WRs, with the exception of Holmes, don't scare anybody. At RB God help them if anything happens to Shonn Greene. Even if he stays healthy he's going to wear down as the season plays out.

I don't blame Rex Ryan, or at least not too much. He's playing with the team that the GM, Mike Tannenbaum, gave him. And Tannenbaum has the owner, Woody Johnson, whispering in his ear all the time. Think of him as Jimmy Johnson Lite. Woody has his eye on putting the Jets on the back page of the tabloids. He's been very successful with that. He's just forgotten to build a very good football team.

It's going to be an ugly year.

I tip my cap to the NY Giants. They have one of the best organizations in football and their success is no accident. They don't win every year but they're always in the hunt. They are a pleasure to watch.

Next they need to jettison Sanchez - he may become a good QB outside of NY. They can still grab at least a second round pick and possibly a first rounder if they play their cards right. Of course, they will need to eat at least half to 2/3 of his salary.

Agreed about Sanchez moving on. Also agreed about the Jets having to eat 2/3 of his salary.

But tere's no way they're getting a high round draft pick for him. I'd be ecstatic if they get a 4th rounder.

• 1 month later...

Two items from yesterday that will significantly impact the NFC East:

1. JPP has back surgery. Out for at least 12 weeks. Good timing to wait until June to have this done.

2. Jerry Jones strips play calling responsibilities from Jason Garrett, Boy Wonder.

Jerry Jones strips play calling responsibilities from Jason Garrett, Boy Wonder.

Jerry is setting Garrett up to be fired at the end on the year. Another in a long line of fall guys.

Jerry Jones strips play calling responsibilities from Jason Garrett, Boy Wonder.

Jerry is setting Garrett up to be fired at the end on the year. Another in a long line of fall guys.

Some responsible adults should buy the Cowboys. It's time.

Several of us are chipping in and buying them for Stone as a wedding present. Never mind, I misunderstood... we're actually just renting Romo for the bachelor party.

Who's calling plays in LA?

Or for the Jets for that matter? Tell Marty to take the ball.

The NFL won't let us have a team. They want to use us as a threat anytime some franchise gets out of line. And they want our high TV revenue which is spread to teams in minor markets. If we had a team that revenue would be reduced.

Several of us are chipping in and buying them for Stone as a wedding present. Never mind, I misunderstood... we're actually just renting Romo for the bachelor party.

Can this marriage be saved?