Replacement for Google Reader?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been using Google Reader for my rss feeds, but it's going to be retired in July. I need a new reader--any suggestions? Both for my computer and my android.

If anything its worse. So slow too.   I'm also trying flipbook on my phone. Its better. But still not great.

Thank you for doing that. I was just going to tackle that myself.

when they tried shutting down reader in 2011 they were trying to push people into google plus. by and large i don't think that's been a success, at least not yet. in any case, many people can't use google plus at work etc.

The reason is that everyone is saying RSS is old and over. Yes, Google would like people to use Google+ as their main feed; in fact, people are using Twitter, or of course Facebook.

Personally, I still find RSS feeds useful.

As for alternatives, I find protopage.com to be a great tool, and free. You can set it up purely to organize your RSS feeds, but you can do a lot of other things with it too.

Threads like this make me feel old. Why use Google reader or anything else for a feed? Someone help me.

I use an aggregator called Zite on my iPad that I like a lot. It will gather stories on any of a million topics for you and present them in one clean magazine. Flipboard is another one people like. I have the app but I like Zite so I use that one.

Is this the same thing?

Threads like this make me feel old. Why use Google reader or anything else for a feed? Someone help me. I use an aggregator called Zite on my iPad that I like a lot. It will gather stories on any of a million topics for you and present them in one clean magazine. Flipboard is another one people like. I have the app but I like Zite so I use that one. Is this the same thing?

yeah, pretty much the same thing. google reader is an aggregator.