Bars I Have Loved

Some fun, for a change. This is the interior of the French House, in London's Soho. It was taken after the long-time landlord Gaston Berlement retired, because he didn't permit stools at all. In Gaston's day, it was standing only at the bar, the windows were never opened, and closing time was entirely random, depending on what he thought of the clientele or whether he was bored.

aphoto74220.jpg

• Like 3
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some fun, for a change. This is the interior of the French House, in London's Soho. It was taken after the long-time landlord Gaston Berlement retired, because he didn't permit stools at all. In Ga

Nearly went there last week, but ended up in Walker's instead.

London's answer to the Philharmonic, Crocker's Folly in St John's Wood. Known for its original owner, who built it on the understanding that London's main western railroad station was to be constructed across the street. When it was built in Paddington, he reputedly jumped off the roof of the pub. But it remains successful, especially with cricket fans from nearby Lord's.

crock4.jpg

Here's a strange one. The bar at Raymond's Revue Bar, Soho, London. The Revue Bar was a strip club, but Eddie Izzard hosted a comedy club in a side room. Patrons of the strip show and comedy club convened in the same bar, which was weird enough. But this was London's west end, early hours, a completely secluded, windowless room, glowing red. Bar as womb. Ice cold lager.

4.jpg?1224072283

This is what you get. I'm looking for pictures of the two bars at Sardi's, and I find one which appears to feature me. If it does, I'm not "with" the person I'm sitting next to. As far as I can remember. :blush:

7.%20barandjoseph-f-22.jpg?__SQUARESPACE