Sign in to follow this  
Wilfrid

Bars I Have Loved

Are you suggesting a Farrell's Rule? That no one can post about a place unless they've been there?

That would cut the Carbone thread from 50 pages down to two.

my skepticism about beer table appears to be unfounded. they may have a new place in clinton hill, which is larger and will allow them to have a bigger, better kitchen and do more things.

They've moved closer to your apartment. Coincidence? I think not.

Are you suggesting a Farrell's Rule? That no one can post about a place unless they've been there?

Wouldn't you think it curious if it turned out I had never been to Sammy's Roumanian?

Wouldn't you think it curious if it turned out I had never been to Sammy's Roumanian?

I'll bet you wish you hadn't.

I really wish I spent enough time if bars for it to be a factor. still you'll be unsurprised to find that there's nothing I think is good within walking distance and I'm glad they'll be closer.

True, but I'd also be a lot more reticent about criticizing it.

In my neighborhood Farrell's is a watchword for "dive with bar fights" in the same way that Bernie Madoff is shorthand for "white collar criminal."

You have been trying to shame me on this issue for 5 years now without success but by all means, please keep trying.

Not at all. No reason you should have been as trepidatious in exploring Brooklyn as me.

After Port 41 I've got nothing left to prove.

Says the man who saw the woman crawling on the sidewalk in front of the bar and kept walking.

You did join me eventually.

I felt the urge to protect you.

I'll tell you what - it takes a special type of person who sees a drunken women crawling around on the sidewalk outside a dive bar and says to himself "Yes, this must be the place." I've walked through drug dealers congregating in the lobby of a building in the South Bronx and thought it less frightening that walking into the hellmouth of port 41.