Sign in to follow this  
Lex

Explosions at the Boston Marathon

Persuasive reports this morning suggest that the younger brother killed the older one by driving the vehicle over him while the police were trying to arrest him.

Interesting. I recall seeing a photo of Tamerlan lying on the ground with his arms stretched out. I assumed the police shot him out of concern for a bomb.

I thought it was generally agreed he was killed by a vehicle, but we are just learning it was the vehicle driven by his brother. Apparently he had run out of ammo, and the police were approaching to arrest him.

This is all subject to revision, of course.

I heard that a few days ago.

Me too. It's been reported since Friday from what I remember. The only uncertainty was whether he died from previous gunshot wounds or from being ran over.

the older brother doesn't appear to have gunshot wounds in the photo where he's lying in the ground. eta: what I mean is that he's not bloody.

I also noticed the car in those pictures is a honda, not the mercedes suv they were throwing bombs out of.

Interesting. I recall seeing a photo of Tamerlan lying on the ground with his arms stretched out. I assumed the police shot him out of concern for a bomb.
his brother may have run over him in an attempt to explode the explosives the older one was wearing.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="AaronS" data-cid="1230531" data-time="1366646345"><p>

the older brother doesn't appear to have gunshot wounds in the photo where he's lying in the ground. eta: what I mean is that he's not bloody.<br />

<br />

I also noticed the car in those pictures is a honda, not the mercedes suv they were throwing bombs out of.</p></blockquote>

The Honda belonged to them, drove both cars from Cambridge to Watertown

Back to the bombers.

I watched a news report over the weekend which said that the FBI found no evidence of bomb making equipment in the brother's apartment. At the very least they want to know where the bombs were made. It also opens up the possibility that someone else made them.