Wish I could link to, the final countdown song.

I was going to do it for you and then I listened to the first 30 seconds of the song. It's far worse than I remembered.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm leaving New York in the near future for a three-hour tour. Looking for final suggestions of cool things to do and to eat. The parameters are ill-defined, and I've covered a lot of ground over the

Are you leaving for three hours?

more like 30,000

You realize, of course, that someone might link to this in Clueless Questions?

I'm going miss some like 70 year old woman's attempts to cyberbully me. Seriously, I am. It's been a very, very small but nevertheless entertaining part of my growing up, and I thank you for that.

eta: given that this board is good for like new york and canada, I'll catch y'all on the flipside.

You know what I'm gonna miss? Someone that thinks they know every fucking thing about food there is to know. And isn't, like, smart enough to realize that you can learn shit from people, be they younger or older.

But that's just me.

more like 30,000

I'm going miss some like 70 year old woman's attempts to cyberbully me. Seriously, I am. It's been a very, very small but nevertheless entertaining part of my growing up, and I thank you for that.

eta: given that this board is good for like new york and canada, I'll catch y'all on the flipside.

You know what I'm gonna miss? Someone that thinks they know every fucking thing about food there is to know. And isn't, like, smart enough to realize that you can learn shit from people, be they younger or older.

But that's just me.

sounds like you're talking about yourself.

more like 30,000

But that's just me.

sounds like you're talking about yourself.

Who's bullying now?

is it strange you wrote, 30 k hours and I knew within 3 secods that was 12,500 hours or rough 3.5 yeas. where you off to and does this mean, you plan on coming back to live here?

I returned very briefly to NYC last week and really couldn't think of anywhere I felt compelled to visit. Chinese? Better in London. Steak? Better in my back garden. Mexican? Not that great in NYC anyway. I did want to visit Louro but feared I'd be overwhelmed by David's generosity. In the end I opted for mid-grade sushi even though I don't like sushi.

this board is useful for canada? glad to hear i'm pulling my weight.

thinking about this in reverse - when i'm back in nyc, kee's creme brulee chocolate is always a go. sezchaun food that's any good is nearly impossible to find here. always one of the death and co cocktail bars (mayahuel especially). russ and daughters as well. also places that i enjoy more for the space than for the food, if they even serve it - spotted pig (especially on the second floor), the dba garden, schiller's for brunch.

• 4 weeks later...

Brighton Beach and Sheepshead Bay, in their current decimated states,* would probably be appropriate farewells.

* Not just Sandy. As I assume everybody saw, Rasputin is being seized by the Government as a result of its owner's perpetration of fraudulent debt-assistance scams.

Is there anything whatsoever to eat in BB?

I returned very briefly to NYC last week and really couldn't think of anywhere I felt compelled to visit. Chinese? Better in London. Steak? Better in my back garden. Mexican? Not that great in NYC anyway. I did want to visit Louro but feared I'd be overwhelmed by David's generosity. In the end I opted for mid-grade sushi even though I don't like sushi.

How terrifying to be overwhelmed by generosity :D

I've gone to a couple of Russian restaurants and to Cafe Kashkar, a Uighur place. They were all pretty bad. Having said that, Brighton is certainly a fun place to walk around on a Saturday afternoon. On the way back to Manhattan I'd stop off at Tacis Beyti for good Turkish food.