The Elm (from Paul Liebrandt)

It's a very short half-bottle list. I didn't realize it used to be longer.

Pity the link to the wine-list is dead. From memory, the most expensive red by the glass is $17. I think the entry price is $12. When you can get a perfectly drinkable half-bottle for $20 (about three glasses), I am prepared to overlook the precise niceties of pairings.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just in case you thought it was going to be real casual.

I wonder, assuming Corton doesn't reopen (which there's no reason to assume, of course), how long it'll be before we see The Chef's Counter @ The Elm, which will offer a *** tasting menu for approxima

I see Liebrandt himself being unable to work in that style setting. Can't you just imagine the first time he snarls at a customer? Like, the first dinner, within seconds of the first course being drop

Here's your chance. Make every vote count, lads.

Edited: The Elm is currently in last place, at slightly less than 14 per cent. Charlie Bird is in first at nearly 27 per cent.

Dining at the bar, an Australian sat next to me. He was just off the flight from Melbourne, first time in New York, no idea where he was (someone had found the hotel for him). He had no idea this was a chef restaurant. He liked the burger. This is why they need to have things like burgers.

Somehow The Elm squeaked into the top three. Mind you, it wasn't all that far from the last two finishers. Charlie Bird and Betony between them took almost 70 per cent of the votes.

Now one can vote for Eater's Chef of the Year. The chefs don't all match the previously listed restaurants, which may be why Liebrandt is currently doing better than The Elm.

King & Grove just spun off the Miami hotel...there are a lot of management changes at the company that have been taking place over the last couple months. Nothing coming out about the NY properties, but I figured it was worth posting.

that bite of Sneakeater's fish & chips was really really darn good. burger is fine. but that gnudi with tom yum sauce is sensational. one of the best dishes I've had in a long while. duck was good but not memorable. ditto for the foie with pb&j. too many better foie dishes out there.

for those discussing the steak tartare as the Platonic ideal...how does it compare to the Robuchon one?

first I was dressed as a buxom Russian blonde...then when that didn't work I used threats.

/break/

some vegetable dish (which one escapes me) was fricking fantastic. made me wish we had gotten the garden share...

/break/

interesting beers at Torst and I'm glad it exists...but it's really just not an interesting place to drink (at least not on a Friday night)