Anthony Bonner

Micromanage my Life - London Edition

Have only eaten once at Smoking Goat (but tried a lot of the menu) and didn't like it.

Yes, skip Noble Rot and go to 40 Maltby instead. Think about bringing bottles to The Sportsman for corkage as it's likely to be cheaper and better than ordering from their wine list.

Lyle's is great. I'd add Bonhams to the top of your fancy list.

I know mongo_jones doesn't approve of Gymkhana but I've had many good lunches there.

• Like 1

Yes, skip Noble Rot and go to 40 Maltby instead. Think about bringing bottles to The Sportsman for corkage as it's likely to be cheaper and better than ordering from their wine list.

Lyle's is great. I'd add Bonhams to the top of your fancy list.

Enjoyed Bonham's immensely. Then again, also enjoyed Noble Rot for the casual good.

I can hear the screaming in my head as I think about how people here would react to eating inside a railway arch where nothing can be changed to the walls and everything has to be freestanding.

I had forgotten how much high street london was chain dominated, and it seems like nearly anything middle market and good quickly spawns multiple locations that aren't very good.

I wish more cultural institutions had members rooms a la the V&A (where I had to become a member to see the Winnie the Pooh exhibit)

More to come but meals of note:

StJ B&W

Hedone

Sportsman

Rochelle Canteen@ ICA (surely the best museum restaurant I've ever been to)

40 Maltby Street.

Great to have access to Yurpeen produce, coooked a few meals, lots of cheese from Neal's Yard and La fromagerie. Good plus toms, great Asparagus. I can't countenance another month of Supermarket produce here.

You're living well! Hedone and especially Sportsman are the siren calls that would bring me back to Britain. I look forward to your comments.

But will they still have access* to Yurpeen produce once Brexit is complete?

*at reasonable prices, that is