Sign in to follow this  
Stone

Bordeaux

Any hotel and/or restaurant recommendations?

(In and around the town itself.)

• Like 4

Any updates here?  My primary plan for Bordeaux this weekend is to ride a bicycle in a vineyard (unknown bicycle, unknown vineyard), but I would love some suggestions about eating and drinking otherwise.

Oh yes, but I was last there in 1984. I have lots of insight from back then. Or was it 1985? Great Odilon Redon exhibit. Visited vigerons with a friend who was interning (or whatever the French name is). Champagne and macarons in a garden somewhere in St Emilion.

Would love to go back there, but also everywhere else.

• Like 1

Oh yes, but I was last there in 1984. I have lots of insight from back then. Or was it 1985? Great Odilon Redon exhibit. Visited vigerons with a friend who was interning (or whatever the French name is). Champagne and macarons in a garden somewhere in St Emilion.

Would love to go back there, but also everywhere else.

I think the French are rather keeping Bordeaux a secret by acting as though its just another nice wine region (which they have in abundance) as opposed to a great place to live that is a more affordable and less frenetic version of Paris that is still within commuter distance.

My cousin moved there from hipster Paris (she's a designer for some surf brand). haven't been to visit, was tempted to swing by when I was in Spain, but just a bit too far.

Family has a summer house in the area on the ocean, so I spent a few summers there, but only in Bdx to get the train I think.

I really liked the city. Stayed for two weeks; a friend was doing a year of college there so slept on his couch.