• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Juni gets a website.   From the Times article:     Opens Monday in the Hotel Chandler in midtown.

20+40+15=60.   Oh dear. Or rather, "huh"?

Why not stop over-ordering?   And three starters at Juni would be more expensive than The Elm unless you ordered the three most expensive small plates at The Elm.

Posted Images

Dufresne, Liebrandt, Hergatt? There may be more.

WD~50 would likely still be humming along, if it hadn't lost its lease. You'd have to think there is still a market somewhere for the full Wylie, if he plays his cards right.

Liebrandt and Hergatt clearly have something yet to prove, i.e., that they can create a restaurant that showcases their best work and that is an enduring success.

The full list would perhaps include people like David Waltuck and Laurent Tourondel, who stopped trying.

I'm sure this'll be very good, BTW, but: what kind of food culture are we in where Gray Kunz ends up running a steakhouse?

That's what I meant by "stopped trying." It's the same reason why Laurent Tourondel went the steakhouse route. He'll install a menu that lesser talents can execute in his absence, and move onto the next consulting gig. It's not even remotely intended to represent his best work.