Rich

Kale, the new superfood

She wasn't supposed to know how to cook pork chops.

Noticing in Lex's pix: Bombay Ranch flavor? WTF?

I actually used to hypothesize that: my mother cooked the flavor and, indeed, palatability out of pork chops because she felt, deep down inside, that she shouldn't be serving them to her family.

That doesn't explain what she did to roast beef, though.

I really liked the juxtaposition of the smoking chimney in their logo (why is it smoking if the chips are raw) with the yachad.org sticker.

I really liked the juxtaposition of the smoking chimney in their logo (why is it smoking if the chips are raw) with the yachad.org sticker.

Maybe because cold-smoking still needs smoke?

But still, I think I'll pass. I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member.

I got some kale flowers at the Greenmarket today. Never seen or heard of them before. They were pitched as a more delicate version of . . . kale.

Lani has been selling several varieties of flowers; one I remember from this morning is bok choy blossoms. They are awfully pretty. And they might actually do well sprinkled on a salad. They look a lot easier to chew than kale leaves, no matter how well massaged the leaves.

Jim Gaffigan on the latest food trend: "They could find out kale cures cancer and I would still go with the chemo because kale is disgusting."

apparently, kale is on Paris menus too. happened upon it while researching a trip. love it and am not tired of it yet but for crying out loud, i'm not going to Paris to eat burgers, brunch or kale :o

Jim Gaffigan on the latest food trend: "They could find out kale cures cancer and I would still go with the chemo because kale is disgusting."

My wife always used to say that kale had anti carcinogenic properties. But all things considered her credibility on that subject may be questioned.

My go-to produce store - Circus Fruits - has now moved Kale from the bargain aisle to the expensive aisle and added the word Tuscan in front of it. Oh yes, it's now $1 a pound more.

We eat kale a lot, both in various renditions of salads and also added to appropriate warm dishes.

You mean...in restaurants?