Sign in to follow this  
SLBunge

Winter 2013 - 2014

We haven't had a winter really at all year besides a cold week (lows in the 30s!) in early November. Since then it's been pretty much better than summer.

Wow it certainly is windy on the far west side. Cuts through all the layers of clothing like a machete.

That's the quote it but doesn't ring true. Summers can be foggy in the northern neighborhoods but it's still only 50s at night.

please don't involve me in your wacky post-structuralist linguistics and metaphysics of identity.

Those words are too big for me but if you want to talk about the quote there's no need to mention someone who didn't say it.

Meanwhile, here everyone is running around in their spring dirndls. Not great for the skiing industry.

please don't involve me in your wacky post-structuralist linguistics and metaphysics of identity.

Twain, essentially, was being spoken (gesprochen-sein).

My dumb luck to have come down with a cold on Monday. It's pretty mild as colds go, but I'm a little nervous that this weather is going to turn it into something nasty.