Cuisinart's Combo Steam + Convection Oven

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I picked up 2 Wilton 8.5x11 pans at BBB for 5 bucks each. I tossed one in at 400 for 15 minutes and it didn't warp. I think we'll be good with those. We have used a couple of 1/8 sheet pans and that w

I can't tell you how many appliances I've "compromised" by my lack of cleaning.

It's set up. (THAT was a tight fit.)   Now all I need is to build the guts to use it.

Watching the bake and steam cycles alternate in "Bake/Steam" is almost as much fun as watching clothes in the dryer.

(Reminds me of a favorite Mr. McGoo comic strip in which McGoo is watching clothes in a washer and comments, "Stroke, Florence, stroke. You'll cross the channel yet!")

• 1 year later...

Bringing this back up because I'm much closer to needing to replace the DeLonghi toaster oven--one of the top rods has stopped heating.

Anything new to report? I'm concerned about not being able to use a 1/4 sheet pan, although I do have a slightly smaller rectangular rimmed baking sheet. I just like my 1/4 sheets better. Also concerned about venting. Not so much behind, since there's a stainless-steel backsplash there, but for the solid wood shelf above. And right now the DeLonghi sits on top of a chrome expanding shelf, so the placement of feet is an issue (lest it not balance). Maybe when I go shopping, I'll have to bring the 1/4 sheet and the expanding shelf to test things out?

It's worth it. Since I got the Breville (several years ago), I've rarely used the big oven. Aside from toast (it sucks at making toast), I've made pretty much everything bake-able in it. The manual does mention not to use pyrex in it, but other than that (and the toast issue), I've not had any issues with it.

You mean the $250 Smart Oven? Gulp.

Yes. I never had any problems with toast in the smaller of the Breville ovens...we had one when we had our apartment in D.C.

But the Cuisinart is definitely superior when it comes to toasting. I wish it fit a 1/4 sheet pan, but I've made do with the broiler/roasting pan that comes with it, along with a set of non-stick stuff from Chicago Metallic.

• Like 1

If you place a Breville oven right next to an Insta Pot, but also inside the Insta Pot, you unlock their replicator function.

Yes. tie in a Samsung electric washer and dryer combo, and the musical tones will drive you nuts.

Instant Pot has a series of beeps and tones to let you know changes in status. The dryer has a half dozen different tones, to let you know the auto-sensing feature has been activated. To let you know the load is dry, but will continue to spin, to let you know the lint filter is full, etc. If I ever read the manual, the mute feature is the first thing I'll seek.

• 3 years later...

I may be able to get the cso for the low low price of $149 Canadian, plus taxes, so like, US$5. (Or US$130. I guess the us$ has fallen recently). What to do, what to do. My breville has been a bit temperamental lately, but it's still working. It's about 10 years old (maybe 7, not sure), though, so it could for any day now.