Eater Announces Their Restaurant Critics

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Capital New York has an overview of forthcoming changes to the Eater site:     I can't help but chuckle at the words "relic" and "turn of the century". It wasn't that long ago. You'd think they're

On the plus side, at least Nick hasn't been caught ordering pizza from Domino's.

While you all have been debating this for pages and pages, I shorted all the burger restaurants in NYC.

Re: Blue Ribbon - we've been less than happy (and haven't been for a while) with a bit of a decline at Blue Ribbon on Orchard St.  Things were okay for a while after Toshi passed away, but not so much recently. Like, the rice has sucked, and so what's the point?

• 4 months later...

The awkward scone is spacethis cute little coffee shop has maybe 12 seats and has breakfast burritos and egg sandwiches. I have had several breakfast burritos in the past few weeks.

The new Thai noodles shop owned by look by planet love just down the street for me. It’s strange they would call this a hot new restaurants as it has perhaps six seats at a table and another six seats for stools. It’s primarily a takeout restaurants and while I have been there, the place is never been busy or filled with anyone other than myself.

Like, the rice has sucked, and so what's the point?

The fried chicken is still pretty bangin'.

I liked the oxtail oden on a chilly winter day, too. But that's been off the menu recently. 

It's actually been awhile since I've had sushi there. I mostly find myself going for the kitchen dishes now. 

Like, the rice has sucked, and so what's the point?

The fried chicken is still pretty bangin'.

I liked the oxtail oden on a chilly winter day, too. But that's been off the menu recently. 

It's actually been awhile since I've had sushi there. I mostly find myself going for the kitchen dishes now.

I like this idea...the other night nursing a cold, I wanted some hot non-ramen noodles.

Ended up at Raku on E. 6th St., and we were pretty happy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Not least because it assumes that the people who own restaurants that don't serve sandwiches and wings are so dumbass they can't figure out how to apply these guidelines to the food they do serve. B-b-but...how many jianbing = 1 salad? So confused!