Eater Announces Their Restaurant Critics

1 hour ago, Orik said:

I guess a good question here is why there is anything related to food and drink in the regulations at all vs just letting businesses operate in a way that's believed to be relatively safe, whatever they're selling.

Yes.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While you all have been debating this for pages and pages, I shorted all the burger restaurants in NYC.

i do like helen rosner's suggestion that associating with neo-nazi types and promulgating extreme racist ideologies in your youth is a sin on par with shoplifting. personally, i don't think this saga

Capital New York has an overview of forthcoming changes to the Eater site:     I can't help but chuckle at the words "relic" and "turn of the century". It wasn't that long ago. You'd think they're

Hilariously, local bar now offering $3 boxes of Lunchables. I will not be eating them, but happy to contribute to the SLA’s peace of mind by having them sitting pointlessly next to my drink.

• Like 1

Another pleasant early evening drink yesterday, at a secluded table on Ave C.  Another box of lunchables in the fridge.  Gentleman across from me was busy ignoring a $3 croissant. I have decided to regard the obligation to purchase cheap unwanted food as the equivalent of a cover charge. Worth it to sit outside for an hour.

Even more so. One bar (you'll never guess) is now offering a small version of its cheese plate at $2. 

Not only has downtown Manhattan turned into a patchwork of European-style terrazas, we now at last have our own indigenous tapas culture.

• 3 months later...
52 minutes ago, Sneakeater said:

Mark Strausman is best known for his work in a department store.

Right.

We ate at Fred’s at Barney’s in Midtown for the first time last year.  We were surprised at how really good the food was.  I remember having dinner at his Italian restaurant on E. 21st St. many years ago.  The only-on-Sunday special was meatballs and spaghetti.

He’s opening his eponymous restaurant in the A Voce space off Madison. It’s a few blocks from our apartment, but it will be a long time before we get a chance to try it.  

1 hour ago, rozrapp said:

We ate at Fred’s at Barney’s in Midtown for the first time last year.  We were surprised at how really good the food was.  I remember having dinner at his Italian restaurant on E. 21st St. many years ago.  The only-on-Sunday special was meatballs and spaghetti.

He’s opening his eponymous restaurant in the A Voce space off Madison. It’s a few blocks from our apartment, but it will be a long time before we get a chance to try it.  

Wasn't Fred's alleged to have great bagels, which had to be ordered ahead for pickup on the weekend?

• 2 weeks later...