Eater Announces Their Restaurant Critics

yeah, but when one of the people was a member of skrewdriver that kind of raises the stakes. it's not a theoretical matter: we know who the people in the photo are.

Well, yes, that's why it still looks bad from the outside.

I'm uncomfortable with the implication that rejecting those views means he personally has to personally socially reject everyone he associated with during that time.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That reminds me, I should wash my workout clothes.

You must be pumped for Idi Amin's "How to cook everything"

While you all have been debating this for pages and pages, I shorted all the burger restaurants in NYC.

Posted Images

yeah, but when one of the people was a member of skrewdriver that kind of raises the stakes. it's not a theoretical matter: we know who the people in the photo are.

And it didn't help that searching for Merv immediately revealed him giving an interview to a heavy Nazi activism/music site just months before that. (Well immediately for me; Mongo eventually found it.)

Well, yes, that's why it still looks bad from the outside.

I'm uncomfortable with the implication that rejecting those views means he personally has to personally socially reject everyone he associated with during that time.

I don't really disagree with that. As I've said a couple of times, it becomes a problem when you put it next to "I've spent the past three decades trying to correct for my past beliefs and actions..."

his band was releasing music as recently as 2005 and 2012. I guess it's possible he wasn't involved, I'm certainly not going to buy a physical copy to find out who owns the copyright and who wrote the liner notes and so on. if he was releasing his music that recently what has happened to him is fine with me, if he somehow wasn't involved than I don't think he should have been suspended. I don't think he has a right to be surprised either way.

his band was releasing music as recently as 2005 and 2012. I guess it's possible he wasn't involved, I'm certainly not going to buy a physical copy to find out who owns the copyright and who wrote the liner notes and so on. if he was releasing his music that recently what has happened to him is fine with me, if he somehow wasn't involved than I don't think he should be suspended. I don't think he has a right to be surprised either way.

The more one digs. Isn't that our boy Nick in the banner for Vulture Rock's Facebook page (that's the label for the 2005 release). Not saying it's anything to do with him, but how hard it is to shake off the past.

But relevantly, it does say it's a nonprofit label just under that (ETA: Oh, as in not making any profit. But YDL seems to be selling well).