Sign in to follow this  
Sneakeater

Casa Enrique

After a very unpleasant trip to Astoria last night, which was an obligation, decided to venture into my childhood LIC neighborhood. Managed to secure two bar/window seats at the "very difficult to get into" Casa Enrique. Place was packed when we arrived at 8pm and the same when we left at 1030pm.

By far the best Mexican food I've had in NYC. It has vastly improved over the last three plus years. The Guac was outstanding as were the crab tacos and the pastor. Nice small wine list, great margaritas - according to Peggy. The service was friendly and professional. Food came out when it was supposed to arrive.

Highly recommended. Go before Amazon forces them to raise prices. Dinner for two all in (including a bottle of wine and two drinks) - $160, great value.

Why are LIC gas prices 40 cents a gallon higher than Brooklyn and Staten Island? My old neighborhood is  not affordable any more - should have kept my mother's house.

Dinner only - open for brunch weekends. Yearning to try some of their listed egg dishes.

Just saw some photos on Instagram, and it still looks good. Maybe it’s time I went.

I went a few months ago and it was comically terrible. I can’t even remember what we go but it was one the single worst dining experiences I’ve had in a long time.