Could All of New York Dine Out on the Same Day?

But if the crazy Chinese government really wanted to fuck up the world, they would order every to jump at exactly the same time. The Earth would be shifted off its axis and everyone would fall into space.

"Dining out on the same day" is not the same as "everyone eating out at the same time." Staggered mealtimes (and lengths of meals, which they consider) could probably allow for everyone to eat out.

They didn't seem to include much, if any, of the logistics of getting the homebound and those in institutions (hospitals, prisons--that's a pretty large number of people) out to eat.

Still, interesting.

I don't think it was meant to be taken as a serious possibility, so they didn't sweat the logistics of making it happen.

It's just interesting that New York has enough restaurants to allow that it theoretically could be done.

That's where we come in.

I am wondering if the inmates of New York's prisons are, in a sense, eating out every day. I mean, they're not eating at home. That would simplify things (ditto homeless shelters, hospitals...).