Sign in to follow this  
Daisy

Summer 2014

Rarely see such distinct forked lightning over the city. And I am wearing my big, heavy winter boots again, in July--yay.

No air conditioning in my office today. Needless to say, I worked from home.

113 in my little corner of Las Vegas. Better than the 115 yesterday topped out at.

ugh. walked to a meeting through Chinatown today, not recommended in these temperatures (no other reasonable way to get there though).

Wow but this lightning is close.

It hit the building 2 doors down from us.

Wow.

The monsoon started just after we got out of the subway. In the two blocks we had to walk, if seemed like a whole inch fell. (Hyperbole, but it was sure thick and fast.) We learned which seams of our rain jackets need fixing. :(

Right now it is 88 F and oppressively humid in Sharon, CT (near the border with western MA).

MA). No doubt the cocktail party we are attending later will be in a house with no ac.

Wow but this lightning is close.

It hit the building 2 doors down from us.

Wow.

The monsoon started just after we got out of the subway. In the two blocks we had to walk, if seemed like a whole inch fell. (Hyperbole, but it was sure thick and fast.) We learned which seams of our rain jackets need fixing. :(

That's nothing--once lightning struck our building. It knocked some bricks off and the facade had to be repaired. The neighboring building last night looked none the worse for wear.

I was nearly hit by lightning once. It was like a whip being struck across the sidewalk right in front of my feet. Close enough.

There is a Biblical lightning storm over NYC right now. It's at times like this I'm glad we don't have overhead power lines.

There is a Biblical lightning storm over NYC right now. It's at times like this I'm glad we don't have overhead power lines.

Just saw a live shot of Times Square on tv--you nailed it. Pretty impressive lightning.

I of course have plans to go the ballet tonight and am supposed to be at Boulud Sud at 6:15. When it is forecast the heavens will be raining upon us. So I won't be wearing cute shoes, my hair will be awry and I'll spend half the first act of Swan Lake waiting for my damp dress and cashmere cardigan to dry.

How does everybody like those godawful severe weather warnings now built into iPhones? You should have heard it in my office earlier, about 40 of them all going off at once produces quite the racket.

I of course have plans to go the ballet tonight and am supposed to be at Boulud Sud at 6:15. When it is forecast the heavens will be raining upon us. So I won't be wearing cute shoes, my hair will be awry and I'll spend half the first act of Swan Lake waiting for my damp dress and cashmere cardigan to dry.

How does everybody like those godawful severe weather warnings now built into iPhones? You should have heard it in my office earlier, about 40 of them all going off at once produces quite the racket.

the cat was sleeping on my phone when it went off and she was so startled she fell off the sofa