Dumpling of the Month Club?

Agree with all the above! So great to see Sleepy_Dragon (Chef Pat) at the helm of such an awesome menu! I loved the space, open and modern, but with warmth and lovely little touches like fresh flowers in the ladies. My favorite bites were the (crack!) sweet, spicy chilled cucumbers, Shen Jian Bao, Dan Dan Noodles, the delicate Lion's Head Meatballs, the sausages (especially the blood sausage which I don't usually like), but the standout was the Spicy Beef Brisket Noodle soup. Perfectly braised fatty brisket, so soft it would cut with the serving spoon, perfectly cooked thick noodles and a dark, rich broth that I just kept coming back to even though I was full. Can't wait to try the Red Braised Pork Shank which was brought out after we were all too full, and which I was graciously allowed to take home. I'll report back. I'm looking forward to future visits to try out the rest of the menu!

Oh, and I did love my Basil Smash...next time, Carolyn!

• Like 1
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Per a conversation offline, I'm proposing that we start a Dumpling of the Month club along the lines of our Burger of the Month outings. We may want to alternate the two depending on how busy we all

Wow, you guys were in my old 'hood. Of course back then, the best thing to eat at Crossroads was Shakey's Pizza. Sounds great, will have to try to get over there.

I'll check & let you know. we have a friend coming into town that weekend for a convention, so I'm not sure when we get to visit with him... [eta - and I may have to bow out for a little while a

• 2 months later...

Has someone said polish home yet?

I'm not sure, but it should certainly be on our list. I avoided the Pierogi Fest because it's just gotten too big, but I do love their cooking.

I'm in for Saturday morning, I think!

Not necessarily for this time, but Rocky also recommends the polish dumplings at Sebi's.

Also, not necessarily for right now, but I checked out the Lynnwood branch of the dim sum place that is opening in the new Asian Market at 132nd and Aurora, and I have pretty good news... Should be a great addition.

BJC had a dim sum round up last week in the times and it included a place in the south end I hadn't heard of, I'd be up for checking it out.

• Like 1

We were going to try the dim sum place that BJC recommended (Foo Lam) but overslept so I vote for trying that on Saturday. So far we've got:

Lauren & Paul

Mary (visiting from LA)

Eden & Bill

Sparrowsfall

da goose

I'll text Rocky to see if he's in town. Anyone else? I see they take reservations. Maybe that is the way to go?

I'd like to join, please!

• Like 1

Dang it...Am I too late if I tell you I ended up trying it today, and I'd HIGHLY recommend we go north to Lynwood or east instead? (Sorry BJC...but, then again, she also recommends the re-heated Jade Garden at Monsoon...so yeah)