Dumpling of the Month Club?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Per a conversation offline, I'm proposing that we start a Dumpling of the Month club along the lines of our Burger of the Month outings. We may want to alternate the two depending on how busy we all

Wow, you guys were in my old 'hood. Of course back then, the best thing to eat at Crossroads was Shakey's Pizza. Sounds great, will have to try to get over there.

I'll check & let you know. we have a friend coming into town that weekend for a convention, so I'm not sure when we get to visit with him... [eta - and I may have to bow out for a little while a

So: Sebi's.

Highlights were the cabbage roll and kielbasa, both of which were excellent and worth returning for. I imagine the borst--with the meat--would be worthwhile too.

The pierogi and pyzy (dumplings) were fine, but not spectacular. With us having spectacular Polish dumplings available at the Polish house, I don't think I'd return for these. If I were around for the cabbage roll, though, I'd dig into the potato pierogi here.

I liked the pierogi and pezy quite a bit, the potato being my favorite. Which is surprising because I usually don't like the starch-on-starch of potato dumplings. The cabbage rolls were great! I really liked the tomato sauce on them. I think the meat pierogi with some of the tomato sauce would be fantastic. I'd go back and try some of the rest of the menu items too.

While the fabulous tomato sauce could render cardboard edible, the beef pierogi were just sad flavorless lumps I wouldn't bother.

I concur that the kielbasa and the stuffed cabbage (which is also great for breakfast) were the starts of the show. ( also liked the potato/cheese pierogi, and I loved the potato portions of the pyzy, but again the meat filling was lacking.

Obviously a Friday night outing to Polish Home needs to happen in here somewhere, to compare pyzy!

While the fabulous tomato sauce could render cardboard edible, the beef pierogi were just sad flavorless lumps I wouldn't bother.

I concur that the kielbasa and the stuffed cabbage (which is also great for breakfast) were the starts of the show. ( also liked the potato/cheese pierogi, and I loved the potato portions of the pyzy, but again the meat filling was lacking.

Obviously a Friday night outing to Polish Home needs to happen in here somewhere, to compare pyzy!

Agreed on the last point! Especially because there's also the option of pickle soup there!

• Like 1

I'm not sure they take reservations, but things roll over pretty quickly and they're well set up for big groups (lots of big Polish families and the such).

It's $1 cash for "temporary membership" to get in per person, and then is cash only, you buy drinks at the bar separately. Wide selection of Polish beers and bisongrass vodka--with or without the apple juice ;)