How Bad (or Good) is T Mobile?

Three T-Mobiles and I (AT&T) went on vacation to Savannah, Georgia, last April. There were a couple of times on the way down/ back home when they had no service so I got to search [and filter!] which restaurants to stop at. Also, they had no service along the ocean. YMMV.

• 1 month later...

I finally got my ETF reimbursement card today. I submitted the bill for reimbursement on 9/13, so it took a little over six weeks. I'm pretty sure they deliberately wait until you hit two billing cycles before mailing it. I used the card to pay off my equipment, so now my bill is going to be roughly $50 a month cheaper than Verizon - and that was including a 12% corporate discount that I had for VZW.

The service and phone were slightly better with Verizon, but it's not worth the price difference for my usage patterns. The free international data roaming is huge, though.

T-mobile is sporadic in Florida, as well. My sister complains all the time about it. The coverage is fine in NJ, but outside Dade/ Broward/ southern Palm Beach county, it gets difficult. in Stuart, it's OK in town, lousy three miles outside town, or along many parts of I-95

I'd look very carefully at the coverage map, and overlay it with your travel experiences

I live and travel in cities 99% of the time and T-Mobile has been fine. My gf has Verizon on a family (literal in this case) plan and she'll sometimes get faster data but always better cell service outside of city centers. When we're both in full range, I tend to have faster data.

Wifi calling is nice but really just more of a convenience than anything as I had used a GV piggyback app already.

We're quite happy with T-Mobile. It is the only carrier we have been able to get reception with in our house (KCMO area). We don't travel as much as many of you, but have had no issues in Florida, California, Oregon, Salt Lake City (and states between there and Missouri). Good reception along the Kansas turnpike. When Don is at his brother's house in Rochester, NY, it is a problem--not sure why that area is so bad, but it is nearly impossible to use the phone there.

• 6 years later...
9 hours ago, Steve R. said:

Okay, so its now many years later.  Anyone have T-Mobile?  They offer a nice flat rate for seniors and AT&T bleeds me whenever we travel to Europe or Canada (not that I think we're going anywhere any time soon).

Yes, we still have it.  And since our phones are paid off, my bill is:  

Due Jan 25, 2021

$89.60

That's for both of our phones, unlimited service, anywhere. My phone works anywhere I can drive to. Or fly to, when possible again.

Just for an experiment, I had taken my iPad Pro with me on a drive somewhere. I easily tethered the iPad to the phone, and the iPad worked just as it does at home, on Wifi.