How Bad (or Good) is T Mobile?

realistically within reasonably populated areas all three are the same. I've used the Google MVNO for a long time because in Non-Covid times its the best deal internationally which was important to me, but I really should switch to T-Mobile - basically the same network but cheaper if you don't use a material amount of international data.

Thanks all.  It might well be time to take the plunge and leave AT&T.  I just looked and it seems I'm paying about $100/month more than T-Mobile's top 55+ plan (2 lines @$35/mo, including taxes and fees).

14 hours ago, hollywood said:

The question with T-Mobile is whether their rates will change after the Sprint merger.  I believe they agreed to hold their rates steady for 3 years after the merger.

We've had the same rate for years.  I don't believe they can change your rate if you're grandfathered in at a specific rate, unless you decide to change your plan.

Now my cable provider I'd like to kill. At some point I'll figure that out, but ain't happening till post-pan.

T-Mobile's entire strategy is to blow up the market structure - they aren't raising prices anytime soon.  More likely you see competitors cut price.   Also # portability and no contracts means even if they do, you just switch back to AT&T or Verizon.