Need a recommendation in L.A.

Well, I was all hopped-up to try a new restaurant, Tavern, when my friend sent an email with a change of location. She made a reservation at Lawry's which is about as old-school L.A. as you can get. I'm not complaining because I now have a 15 minute drive. Thanks to everyone who contributed to my quest. Tavern is definitely on my list.

Well, I was all hopped-up to try a new restaurant, Tavern, when my friend sent an email with a change of location. She made a reservation at Lawry's which is about as old-school L.A. as you can get. I'm not complaining because I now have a 15 minute drive. Thanks to everyone who contributed to my quest. Tavern is definitely on my list.

Lawry's is very big with tourists, particularly Asian tourists (there are a half dozen branches in Asia).

Hollywood - I went last year (first time in about 40 years) and found it to be mostly an older Jewish crowd much like myself. It's a good place for a semi-quiet dinner in a comfy booth. For real food I prefer Animal, Ink, Trois Mec, etc. but conducting a conversation is a challenge.

When I was last there maybe 3 years ago, I was waiting for the valet after dinner and there were many, many Asians with doggy bags leaving.

Lawry's, of course, is famous for its annual beef bowl in which the Rose Bowl rivals get to chow down unlimited protein, etc.