"First Date" restaurants in NJ

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

NJ.com has a sampling of "first date" restaurants in NJ. Putting aside for a moment whether people even have first dates, or simply "hang together" more often, here it goes. Haven't couples put aside

Sometimes I give money, but if I want to give a gift, I send it to the bride or couple or couple before the wedding.   I do not have an engagement ring* and didn't even really get a proposal. We so

It seems to me there are two issues in play here. One is the senimental value represented by the ring, the public committment of two people to a life together, the other is the asset value of the ring

Is there any other married woman on this board with a ring bought by their now husband? Just curious about the demographic here. I was in my early thirties and my husband in his thirties thirties when we foot engaged.

Oh and if anyone knows of a good, reputable Big Green Egg retailer, I would really appreciate it.

i don't want to get into the ring, but mazzone hardware on court street in carroll gardens bk sells big green eggs. they're a good neighborhood hardware store - i think reputable. the BGE guys sometimes do demos there as well though i am not sure if they will during the winter.

i don't want to get into the ring, but mazzone hardware on court street in carroll gardens bk sells big green eggs. they're a good neighborhood hardware store - i think reputable. the BGE guys sometimes do demos there as well though i am not sure if they will during the winter.

Chef Central on 17 in Paramus sells the BGE. They also offer demos during the summer season.

Is there any other married woman on this board with a ring bought by their now husband? Just curious about the demographic here. I was in my early thirties and my husband in his thirties thirties when we foot engaged.

Nope: no engagement ring, no wedding ring. But remember, we are both products of the 1960s and the first wave of feminism. Plus the fact that we were really embarrassed that we were getting married at all. So it never occurred to either of us that rings might matter.

I have never heard of grooms cake.. But, yeh, is the guy getting married or coming home from sleep away camp.

I think grooms cake started out as a southern thing.

Yes: one of the sites I linked to says it is. I believe that when one of my high school friends' son got married to a girl from the South, he had a groom's cake in the image of an antique valise. I hope that wasn't a bad omen for the marriage.