Sign in to follow this  
prasantrin

Winter 2014-2015

Damn, I am impressed (and amazed). I cannot imagine an house insulated enough to withstand that kind of cold. You would definitely not like Las Vegas in the summer ;-0

• Like 7

To put a positive spin on things, it's the perfect day to defrost the 2nd freezer (which isn't frost free) as I can just put everything in freezer 3 (aka my front step).

Having just come from a place where temps are about 25-30 Celsius, I'm really, really not looking forward to the upcoming NYC weather where highs will be 25-30 Fahrenheit.

Today is a nice summer day. People are in t shirts and shorts. I wonder of the week around the new year was our winter like last year.

it's too fricking cold! i'm sick, the cat is sick, the noodle is sick. i am not enjoying this winter at all

While I was out running errands this afternoon, the sun was shining (at least in part of the sky) and snow was falling.

Guess I shouldn't mention it's going to be close to 70 here tomorrow *ducks for cover and runs*

Tell Mongo. I just saw -45 for Minnesota tomorrow. If he hugs anyone naked in that weather, well, respect dude.

It's still pretty cold here, but I think most of the cold moved down to MSP, so it's not as bad as -45C windchills.

When it's really cold, after 5 hours at work, I use my remote starter to start my car from my office, then turn it off after 5 or so minutes. I forgot to do that today, and my car was a little slow to start at 3:00 pm (I get to work at 4:30am, so that's almost 11 hours of my car sitting in the cold). Tomorrow I get to use my friend's parking stall which means I get to plug in my car and not worry about that stuff!

Most of you probably can't relate, but things like being able to plug in my car during winter make me very happy!

I love my car seat warmer, too!

Wow, this is snow . My office closed at 1 and as I was trudging up Third to the subway I saw a woman coming out of Modell's carrying a big red toboggan.

Poor Steve. He's going to miss out on this wonderful adventure.

Deb made an early supermarket run this morning. The market was filled with early bird doomsday preppers stocking up on everything. You know they type - the ones that buy gallons of milk even when they don't even have kids because THEY DON'T WANT TO RUN OUT!

I slept in but decided to pick up some things at around 1:00. The Crisis Crowd had left and I was able to buy what I needed easily. Piece of cake.

On Sunday I was gobsmacked to encounter near gridlock around the new Whole Foods market in Gowanus. Lines of SUVs filled with people with looks of grim determination on their faces. A BLIZZARD IS COMING! I NEED MY ORGANIC KALE!!!