Sign in to follow this  
prasantrin

Winter 2014-2015

I know it's no longer winter, but after a gloriously kitschy sakura display this year and t-shirt weather two days ago, it was snowing a bit this morning. Totally uncalled for.

Didn't really stick in Tokyo, but Nagano is looking like it's been photoshopped.

CCESPRAUkAEW3fC.jpg

• Like 5

It still felt like winter here today but Delaware & Hudson is tweeting that ramps are on the menu.

I know it's really spring, but it's not where I am. It went from a high of 24C on Wednesday (and still 18C on Saturday) to a predicted high of 3C (windchill -3C) today. And did I mention it's snowing? It'll be like this all week (except maybe the snow).

No one gets to complain about the weather but me!

Oh let me try. It's black skies and drenched streets here, and back to the heavy rain boots. Cancel the spring peas with morels and put the cassoulet back on the stove.

OK, heavy rain is worse than light snow and freezing temperatures. Power outages suck, too. I'll let you New Yorkers complain, though I think I still win in the sucky winter complaint department.

While I hated the almost 90-degree heat and wilting humidity in south Florida this weekend, at least it wasn't as dreary as this. Although I guess heavy rain and temps in the 50s is really a spring-in-NY complaint at this point.

Should we start a spring thread? Nice, sunny spring morning here, with thunderstorms coming this afternoon, then showers all evening. Basically, take a change of clothes when you go out.