Sign in to follow this  
SethG

Buying a Leather Jacket in NYC

I want to buy my wife a leather jacket for her birthday. Something smart and urban, black or brown.

I've been to a few shops and it seems leather jackets are out of style. Lots of puffy jackets everywhere. The leather jackets all seem to be biker style which I know she doesn't want. I did find something nice at Bloomingdales but it was $1000. I'd hoped to spend a little less than that!

You have any good ideas for me?

• Like 2

show us the bloomingdales jacket and maybe we can point you to something similar at a more reasonable price. andrew marc is one of the more popular mid range brands maybe look at their website. also saks has more leather than bloomingdales so check there. it helps in the search if you can reference a particular style of jacket.

You know this was the one I liked, though I thought it was kind of thin and not substantial. It looked good.

Linkety

But I see a whole bunch more on the website that I did not see at the store. Hmmmmm.

You know this was the one I liked, though I thought it was kind of thin and not substantial. It looked good.

Linkety

But I see a whole bunch more on the website that I did not see at the store. Hmmmmm.

that style is called moto jacket. you can find those everywhere at every pricepoint even target. try the nordstrom website for a wider pricerange on those styles also zappos

Thank you Splink. You know I am clueless about this sort of thing. Do you think it is a good choice for my wife whom you met once I think? (Half kidding.)

Thank you Splink. You know I am clueless about this sort of thing. Do you think it is a good choice for my wife whom you met once I think? (Half kidding.)

you're not going to get to blame me if she doesn't like. give her cash or a giftcard or a big engagement ring

I went to Zappos, great idea, then found the exact jacket I was looking at for half the price on Amazon, so I think I'm just going to do that.

• Like 1

I want to buy my wife a leather jacket for her birthday. Something smart and urban, black or brown.

You are a *very* brave man. I'd be scared to death if I tried to buy something like that for Deb.

Dude I gave up on picking out this sort of thing for Robin years ago, but she asked so I'm trying. If she hates it the return is free.

Dude, you left that part out of your original post.

I wish you the best of luck. What you're doing can be very hard.