Best Pizza and Lasagne I Had was at Savino's Pizza In Paramus

We love the pizza at Savino's Pizza in Paramus, New Jersey. We have lived in New York and New Jersey and Chicago all pizza towns but we think Savino's pizza is the best!! Great crust and sauce. The crust is great not to think or too think.. they just started a big email program and they are giving away a lot of free food. One day we ordered a pizza and got a free hero another day we got a free baked ziti. I just placed a catering order because they have big discounts now for Italian food packages at a discount. If you like good Italian food this is the place to go in Paramus and I think they deliver not only to Paramus but to nearby towns. (HINT- join on their mailing list they don't seem to advertise any place else for the free coupons.- website is http://www.savinospizza.com - the way to join up is on there.

• Like 2

I'm not familiar with Savino's. Being in the same market with A Mano us likely to be a difficult task, but plenty of pizzerias are doing just fine in towns where I enjoy Arturo's (Maplewood), Sonny D's and Artisan Dough (Caldwell) and Bivio (Little Falls).

Next time I'm in the area I'll check out Savino's. You just never know...

(But sometimes you do. Especially when there's no mention of ingredients, prices, etc.)

Aside from a "glowing" and "raving" review, and coming in post # 1, from a new member -- I know Savino's. It's right near my office. We've ordered from there numerous times. In my opinion, it's a typical, average pizza place. That's all. The only reason why we ordered from there more than once is because it was nearby, convenient, and simply put -- it was pizza. Like I said, in my opinion, typical, average pizza.

In addition, at the time -- the place we now order from -- did not deliver. In my opinion, the best pizza in the area is also right there in Paramus. La Bella Roma has excellent pizza in my opinion. For a long time they did not deliver, but many of us would go there and either eat there or take-out. They recently started delivering -- maybe in the past year or two. Also, I've had more than pizza there -- the food is very good, sandwiches, wraps, pasta, etc.

While A Mano, in Ridgewood is nearby, it's a "different kind of place" in my opinion. It's more of a "destination" type place -- a BYO restaurant where you would go for a "night out" or a meal. La Bella Roma is a nice place, but I think it more caters to a local, take-out, etc., kind of crowd that is looking for very good, reliable food, and excellent pizza. I am sure people "eat there" and all but it's not the same kind of place as A Mano. The Neapolitan style pizza at A Mano is the focal point -- big attraction -- very popular, well known, widely accepted as one of the best in Northern NJ.

I have had several experiences with the Savino's.. They are kind and loving people. The salt of the earth those Savinos. " It takes one to know one", that's what my aunt Ruthie use to say.. And let me tell you, i know good people and there couldn't be a better bunch.

Horrific cooks, i mean, food aside, those Savinos, could not be sweeter.. Their sauce could be, but, no not those Savinos. That's what my sister Sheila use to say, "Those Savinos, they could not be any sweeter, it's just a shame, they don't wash their hands before they make the pizza dough. "

I wish them well, me and little Tommy Savino grew up together. He was a great kid, such a kind boy. It's a shame he had all of these rashes that caused his skin to flake off and go everywhere. I heard he responsible for making Savino's famous minestrone soup and all of their sauces.. i heard it's well, not even that great but, i heard he really puts all of himself into it.

Too bad about Bob Savino. I guess every family has to have its bad seed, and with the Savinos Bob has BAD written all over his face. First there was the incident with the cat and the Pizza oven. They didn't want him taken away so old Ray Savino paid the employees off to say it was an accident. The shrink said they should keep him busy, so they paid for guitar lessons and paid for his Pizza place. Poor Bob thinks these are real customers buying his pizza and telling him how much they love it, but they're all getting their cash from the family and then dumping the uneaten pizza out the back (seems wasteful, but really a public health service). Anyway, you know what they say - kids who do bad things to animals end up as shills and spammers more often than not.

• Like 1