if this was a high priced restaurant, desserts could be 12 to 15 bucks.. Which would mean, they should have a 3 to 4 dollar tops cost in the dessert which, should result in a profit of 9 to 11 dollars.. So, it wouldn't be outrageous for the restaurant to want to recoup that money. Desserts are a big money maker, alcohol is a big money maker.. That is also an interesting point about food poisoning that Meredith brought up. All that being said, i don't know the particulars of the story. But, communication is important. Did the restaurant spring this fee on them after the fact, was there a discussion, or anything worked out before hand. This is really where the blame lies.

For some reason, i am thinking back to those morons who brought their own gluten free pasta and then wanted the restaurant to not only cook it for them but, then wanted a discount because they brought their own pasta.

Now that I have never seen...

I'd bookmark that as a definition of chutzpah

• Like 1

if this was a high priced restaurant, desserts could be 12 to 15 bucks.. Which would mean, they should have a 3 to 4 dollar tops cost in the dessert which, should result in a profit of 9 to 11 dollars.. So, it wouldn't be outrageous for the restaurant to want to recoup that money. Desserts are a big money maker, alcohol is a big money maker.. That is also an interesting point about food poisoning that Meredith brought up. All that being said, i don't know the particulars of the story. But, communication is important. Did the restaurant spring this fee on them after the fact, was there a discussion, or anything worked out before hand. This is really where the blame lies.

For some reason, i am thinking back to those morons who brought their own gluten free pasta and then wanted the restaurant to not only cook it for them but, then wanted a discount because they brought their own pasta.

Now that I have never seen...

I'd bookmark that as a definition of chutzpah

LOL...absolutely...

http://www.grubstreet.com/2013/04/new-jersey-vegan-pasta-kerfuffle.html

A vegan New Jersey couple say they feel cheated after they supplied their own whole-wheat pasta for their restaurant meal, NJ.com reports, and the restaurant refused to give them a discount.

they say they were shocked and outraged to learn that management had billed them $24 for each portion, instead of the $12 the couple had been charged in the past.

it was this scenario. it was a whole wheat pasta, not gluten free.