Chevalier at The Baccarat

I saw that the Baccarat's bar is opening tonight. No date yet for the main restaurant, Chevalier. This is the place Charles Masson will be running, with Shea Gallante in the kitchen. Modern take on French classics.

• Like 9
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I saw that the Baccarat's bar is opening tonight. No date yet for the main restaurant, Chevalier. This is the place Charles Masson will be running, with Shea Gallante in the kitchen. Modern take on

I recall the good old days when I went to a restaurant for the food. Now I have all these other things to worry about to determine if I had a good time.

I've been to that downstairs bar twice, and both times got a seat with no trouble at all.   I went upstairs only once. The bar was such a madhouse that a guy in a suit wouldn't even let me in the do

• 4 weeks later...

I've been to the bar twice now, the second being just the other day. He was there, air-kissing and schmoozing everyone he knew—which was a lot of people. I don't think his presence makes any difference to Shea Gallante's food, but it's obvious that many of the guests were there for him.

Here's the Pig at Chevalier. I haven't had enough of the menu yet to venture an firm opinion, but the Pig's enthusiasm is certainly consistent with what I've tried.

As I said upthread, Gallante doesn't need Masson to tell him what to cook. The question is whether there are enough customers to support the program, now that Masson isn't there to draw them in. Does it thrive, or does it become another Adour.

Thanks. Managed to finish the review early today but been too busy in meetings to post a link.

One puzzle I have: is there a bar on the ground floor near Chevalier, or is there only the crazy wonderland on the second floor?

One thing the restaurant needs to do is start selling the Gallante story harder. Masson's presence somewhat overshadowed him.