Sign in to follow this  
mongo_jones

joe beef

I have a friend who thinks that Canada Goose is low-class and that proper people should wear Loro Piana.

Meanwhile I've literally spent the entire winter here wearing a $150 peacoat from Everlane. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have a friend who thinks that Canada Goose is low-class and that proper people should wear Loro Piana.

Meanwhile I've literally spent the entire winter here wearing a $150 peacoat from Everlane. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I agree with your friend. To the point that after listening to Mrs B ask for one for three years but refusing to buy one herself, I actually spent almost double on an even more odious eurotrash branded puffy coat for her. Even though fundentally I don't understand the appeal. But at least it wasn't shapeless Canada Goose.

Canada Goose just filed to go public btw. Usually a sign a trend is in the seventh inning.

My mother's family thinks people who use terms like "classy", "low-class", et all usually don't have any.

Canada Goose has a factory in my city, but I can't bring myself to buy something so fugly. If it were cheap and fugly, maybe (still not likely), but it's expensive and fugly. (They did have an Italian wool version for a while a few years ago, but I couldn't find it in real life)

I do like the fur on the hoods, though. Whenever I sit behind someone wearing a Canada Goose jacket, I want to pet it.

I was trapped in Montreal in a snowstorm once, and would have worn anything warm now matter how ugly in preference to my lightweight British winter coat.

She didn't use the term "low-class". I was paraphrasing.

One downside to working for a tech startup is that my bespoke overcoats (including a nice Chesterfield from Mr Ned) are all cut to be worn with suits; as such, they're all useless to me now, because I can't really wear suits to work.

Sheer hell, old boy.

To be honest, changing from a suit-based work wardrobe to business casual was an annoying and surprisingly expensive experience, but I did go through it a long time ago.

She didn't use the term "low-class". I was paraphrasing.

One downside to working for a tech startup is that my bespoke overcoats (including a nice Chesterfield from Mr Ned) are all cut to be worn with suits; as such, they're all useless to me now, because I can't really wear suits to work.

Sheer hell, old boy.

To be honest, changing from a suit-based work wardrobe to business casual was an annoying and surprisingly expensive experience, but I did go through it a long time ago.

0.1% problems.

Sheer hell, old boy.

Back when we did that it caused such a substantial drop in dining expenses (because you couldn't go to any serious place dressed like a slob) that it paid for itself very quickly.

Traveling companion, upon reading the discussion of dressing for a warm weekend in Montreal in February:

Well, I'm glad you're having fun with your online friends.

OK so I'm pathetic and needy. But getting a big hug when I walk into Joe Beef makes it worth missing the Festival Nationale stuff tonight.