Sign in to follow this  
joethefoodie

NYC Butchers

Flannery is worth every dollar  :P  :) . They will age and cut to your specifications. And the quality of the meat is outstanding.

I am constantly being blown away by the quality of the meat at Foster Sundry on Knickerbocker.  Strip steaks and a whole big chunk of coppa recently. They are doing real butchery in the shop.

The selection and quantities are limited. It's not a place to go with the exclusive intention of buying a particular cut; more a place to go and see what's best on the day.  I know it's not convenient for everyone, but at least it combines easily with a trip to Henry's Wine & Spirits two blocks away.

I shop there too and agree with you about the quality of the meat, but we’re friends with the owner and I’m hesitant to post about it. that’s even further from home though, although we’re in the neighborhood once a week nowadays.

that coppa is awesome and I got some really nice ranch steaks (a part of the chuckflap I guess) last time I was there that were $15 a pound.

thanks for the manhattan recommendations, I’ll definitely use those for the next big steak or leg of lamb.

I can’t get there all the time, but every couple of weeks it fits in with visits to some good local bars, Human Relations bookstore etc. Pig’s head terrine, good cheeses, and those rather showy, expensive beans from that guy in California.

Has anyone visited Ridgewood European Pork Store? Looks good from its Instagram: @eurobutcher1

Oh, it's a short walk from Morsher.

Going through my stash from Muncan, I have to say, I think those Old Skool German butchers are jewels in the crown of NYC dining.  You can find fault, but I just LOVE that stuff.