Sneakeater

Mekelburg's

My wife and I took a leisurely ferry ride up the East River to the new Mekelburg's for a low-key decadent birthday lunch yesterday (with a low-key decadent whiskey tasting at Kings County Distillery).

The apple/butternut squash bisque with foie gras "Oreo" was orgasmic. The cracklin's "l'amuse" was pretty killer too, and the meatloaf -- how do you make a meatloaf sandwich that rich and decadent feel so light and airy?

And that babka beer....

Good stuff! GOOD STUFF!

Wow, thank you so much... That just made my day.   Working on several new menu items. 

After much deliberation our Mekelburger with fries has arrived. We think it’s incredible. Also added a porchetta croque meksieur, a hot chicken and waffles, a vegan kale salad that is so good, a shrimp and roast beef sandwich fried babka menschkins and several more items will be launching in the coming week.

First ever visit to Mekelberg's (Domino) and it was a home run.  Both potatoes, 4 sandwiches (porchetta, bbq shrimp, veggie and duck bahn mi) kale salad, peanuts and of course the babka bread pudding. A few excellent beers and got to meet the man of the house, Jax.  Our friends were very impressed and Meks will no doubt be our go to pre-Brooklyn Bowl stop for food and drink. 

Breaking into the babka we bought during the ride home made the trip suck less.

And Anders Osborne was his usual on fire self at the Brooklyn Bowl. He plays every song like it is the last song he ever plays. Tash Neal from the London Souls sat in for a few raging guitar solos. Remember that name.

Pleasure to meet you, your wife and two friends... Still a lot more things to try!   

New burger and fries on the menu:  I am averaging 2 a day. 

32402004748_c24f1981e4_z.jpg

eating two... we have been selling out of the burgers the last few days.. 

New burger and fries on the menu:  I am averaging 2 a day. 

Can you walk us through what's on the burger? Is that crispy shallot?

Dry aged burger, white american cheese, Hawaiian bun, crispy shallot, pickled onion, tarragon dressing. 

less sweet than a brioche, more sweet than a potato roll..