Sneakeater

Mekelburg's

Hawaiian buns was my nickname in high school. I think we will be stocked now once we get the rhythm down. I would rather run out than throw away. So we will just slightly increase last weekends numbers and so on

I've been boycotting King's Hawaiian since they blocked the 2nd Ave bike lane with a food truck and promo team during rush hour to giveaway buns in front of Urban Outfitters.

Sold over 150 burgers between Friday and Saturday. We started the day today with just 6 burgers for sale. Better to sell out we say.

There are 8 new menu items as of right now. Mostly available after 12 pm. Caviar pie, ravioli and foie pear are part of late night menu. We also added a manicotti Thursday night after a little brainstorming

One of those was mine, on Friday.  I really liked it.  The beef is very high quality.  Between me and my companion, we split the burger and the hot chicken sandwich, which was a perfect combo.  The bun makes the burger a little sweet, and the hot chicken is obviously very hot, so it's fun to alternate between to two.

Daniel -- why is the burger served on a plate while the other sandwiches are served in a basket?

Few new menu items at both places.... 

One is the Croque Meksieur:  It's stuffed with porchetta and cheese and topped with a bechamel..  Topped with chicharrone

46905847361_88c60ea48a_z.jpg

Spicy chicken and waffles with a spicy maple syrup

39941137153_57c8041f4e_z.jpg

Shrimp and roast beef with remoulade sauce., 

46853738292_2056fa4f80_z.jpg

Caviar parfait... 

46180922704_54d34b2308_z.jpg

Avocado Toast with and without salmon

39941136643_71c3125224_z.jpg

We also changed our burger:

39941136653_c003dcc633_z.jpg

Cinnamon Babka balls with a cream cheese icing. 

31964613707_7597ce4480_z.jpg

not photo'd, we recently added a manicotti as well.. basically stuffed a crepe with parm and mozzarella. 

• Like 1

The burger had grilled onions, we changed them to pickled and crispy fried.. I think we had the tarragon mustard sauce on the first version.. But, it's so addictive.. It has all the sort of  satisfaction of a big mac but, the burger quality is dry aged and really good..  Not to mention, the fries are essentially mc donald's fries..