Happy new year all. Can we get back just talking about the wonder and beauty that is meks. Come on in and eat some porchetta. We are hoping to put some new food on the menu this year. All the best.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From Eater:         What a funny name for a store.

I mean, when you get sick of crying for happiness for the reasons you listed, there are two more you can cry for happiness over.

I don't think so. My 2nd visit included a baked potato stuffed with cod collar and other non meat things that was very good. The sandwich with soft shell crab can probably be made without any meat &

Posted Images

Oh cool...  we have illegal, banhez and montelobos.. 

Some happenings at meks, we have been doing some fun recipe testing these last few weeks...  We are a couple of weeks away from a few new menu items... I could use a break from eating, I think I ate close to 8 dinners last night. 

Oh cool...  we have illegal, banhez and montelobos.. 

Some happenings at meks, we have been doing some fun recipe testing these last few weeks...  We are a couple of weeks away from a few new menu items... I could use a break from eating, I think I ate close to 8 dinners last night. 

Good enough for me, so hopefully that's good enough for her. Probably popping in tonight with a friend for happy hour, and then the mezcal drinker may be meeting me there afterwards.

• 1 month later...

We launched about 10 new items at Mekelburg's Domino the other day.... Here is our cheese steak... Provolone, cheese whiz, fried onions, pickled peppers, dry aged beef.  

it's a party 

49530168241_df9953154d_c.jpg

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Mekelburg's got a little shout out in Eater today.

Craft beer destination Mekelburg’s has added several new items to its Williamsburg location, owner Daniel Mekelburg tells Eater. Additions include babka waffles, latke tostadas, and a green goddess chicken piccata salad.

• 2 weeks later...

We are now a grocery store a coffee shop, a take out restaurant and. A liquor store. Starting today we are selling liquor and wine to go, as well as cocktails, pints and growlers to go. We are getting daily bread deliveries, milk, eggs, we are getting meat, produce, cheese and many other essentials. Toilet paper, Lysol even laser cat toys. Since we do not have a wait staff we are able to move bar staff to grocery and beer shop: very fortunate to not have to have let anyone go

People are very thankful we are open. We’ve been going 18 hour days for the last two weeks. Haven’t seen Jax since then. I’ve spent three days with him this month.

Restaurant is open for delivery and take out. All the seats have been removed. We do a full wipe down of everything every half hour. All staff has gloves. It’s been nice to see our transient community come together. I’ve seen a shift in the people. Two weeks ago, it was business as usual. No eye contact, everyone is in a rush,

Any attempt at communication was dismissed or ignored. People are starting to slow down, see shop workers as people, neighbors, people at freaking risk in order to provide them with essentials: if anything, people are acting with more humanity and compassion than I expected. strange beautiful times, as there are humans involved.

• Like 2