Sign in to follow this  
splinky

Micromanage my Life -San Francisco/ Palo Alto/Napa Edition

Awww! I'm jealous! He seems like such a fun dog. His owner seems ok too :-)

he's an awesome doggy

A good downtown option for dinner? I knew obvious contenders like Coi, Benu, and Saison would be expensive, but didn't realize they'd galloped past Blanca/MomoKo prices and were headed into Brooklyn Fare territory. Worth it?

No thoughts? I did read the SF in 2014 thread. Other than some Italian possibilities, I'm hoping there's somewhere good where the check won't be over $400 pp.

I haven't been here long enough to recommend anything. And some of the places I have been to, apart from Kin Khao (which is AWESOME), I wasn't thrilled by.

I had a business lunch at Perbacco last week. It's a potentially good restaurant, except when I went, there were a few service hiccups that reminded me of a Benny Hill movie.

You might like Alta and The Cavalier. See my "Adventure" thread for pix.

I liked the food for the most part; their desserts need work (although maybe I ordered wrong).

But someone needs to train their waiters to remember who ordered what. I shouldn't be getting a plate from a table 20 feet away. And a tablemate's order never arrived, although we were comped by the kitchen to make up for that oversight.

I ate at the bar (yes, you read that right: Suzanne ate at the bar!) and had no service issues. Alone. And probably didn't order dessert (I don't remember; would have to look if I posted about it.

I'd put in another plug for Atelier Crenn, but it's not "downtown"--it's in Cow Hollow. Love that name!

Went to Slanted Door's takeout place today for lunch.

Saigon roast pork banh mi was average: decent amount of meat, mediocre spicing and forgettable carrots/pickles.

Friend is driving back from Sacramento to SFO this evening. Any place Mouthfuls would recommend to stop for dinner en route [Google plots a course through the Mission!]? Some place affordable [i feel like this means < $30?] and comfortable for a lone diner... Cheers.