Micromanage my Life -San Francisco/ Palo Alto/Napa Edition

Many moons ago when I was spending a lot of time in SF/Napa, I spent a good number of evenings there. The food was always solidly good. The staff pleasant and eager to please. The wine list also had some very good wines at excellent prices.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

best airlines? virgin or jet blue or do i use up some american airlines gift cards.   where to eat that's new and exciting in SF? where to eat in Palo Alto? is the garden court the place to stay i

i was thinking i'd love to stay at auberge du soleil but i'd be guilt ridden to do so when i think about all children starving in the world. so maybe a nice midrange hotel somewhere in the valley, not

i like almost anyplace on the block with bi-rite for a nice bite in that price range. and if they don't mind downtown, kin khao is nice for a solo diner

Another place that is "older" that I always enjoyed was Farallon. Great seafood. Caveat, haven't been in years.

ETA: But it's still there and I've heard still good.

ETA: I used it for oysters and apps. But they also did a good softshell (and it's the season!)

• Like 1

Maybe a bit out of date but had a surprisingly good and interesting meal at liho liho yacht club in 2016. What sounded like a gimmick was actually quite sophisticated.

Octavia for a more modern Zuni with more refinement.

Both seemed to be good examples of where the California strain of new American cooking has moved.

Was looking at Nightbird: This is a menu I can't really understand, and not just because of the typos.

PAIGE MANDARIN, MANDARINQUAT, MERINQUE, BERGAMONT separator.png LAMB, CARROT, ORANGE, KUMQUAT, CHICKORIE separator.png SCALOP, TRUFFLE, MEYER LEMON, BLACK TRUMPET MUSHROOM separator.png RAVIOLO, ALIUM, GREEN GARLIC, RANGPUR LIME

I'm jinxed in SF.

Booked Rich Table on OT. They had my table all waiting for me. I sat.

The one page menu was a set "red sauce" Italian dinner featuring wines by local winemaker.

Nothing else. Not my thing.

Manager was very apologetic, no complaints. He did say it was indicated on OT. Well, you can't go back in time on OT to check, but there is nothing I can find on the restaurant's website, and nothing in the OT description sent to my Google calendar when I booked.

Manager had several alternative recs for me, and I went to Corey Lee's Monsieur Benjamin about 10 minutes away, which was excellent.